Blue Jays Discussion: Upton Jr acquired, also Storen & cash for Benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Brills*

Since sanchez is likely going to the pen, getting one is yes, ideal.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, there are two names gone, added to Boone Logan, who will not be moving today.

Ervin Santana, Jeremy Hellickson, David Robertson, Jim Johnson are names remaining that we have been linked too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sounds like Puig could be dealt to the White Sox for James Shields.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Boo! [throws tomatoes]

Throw_Tomatoes_to_Squidward.png

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Lets be reasonable here guys.

Its more then likely that in the offseason all 3 of our expiring contracts walk. JB/EE/Saunders.

Do we really want to be paying extreme prices with our prospects now, and give up our future, for a run this year when we are decent but not amazing at this point?

We have one of the best starting rotations in the game at the moment, lets see how the offseason plays out and then maybe use these chips for better choices for our long term health. Maybe we need these prospects for a position player to replace one of those 3 instead.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

Its more then likely that in the offseason all 3 of our expiring contracts walk. JB/EE/Saunders.

Do we really want to be paying extreme prices with our prospects now, and give up our future, for a run this year when we are decent but not amazing at this point?

We have one of the best starting rotations in the game at the moment, lets see how the offseason plays out and then maybe use these chips for better choices for our long term health. Maybe we need these prospects for a position player to replace one of those 3 instead.

I'd really like to know how you came up with that evaluation for the Blue Jays.

Only two teams in the AL have one more games than them this year: Texas with 62 and Cleveland with 60. Jays have 59.

In other words, they're as good as anybody in the league.

How does that equate to being "decent?"

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

The rotation takes a big hit if Sanchez goes into the bullpen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Only two teams in the AL have one more games than them this year: Texas with 62 and Cleveland with 60. Jays have 59.

They're Okay.

Just Okay.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Jeremy Nygaard ‏@jeremynygaard 53s54 seconds ago
Just got a text that Santana got traded...

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009

I meant that we have major offseason issues coming up this year, and while the team is good, I dont think we should sell the farm for upgrades.

I do think if sanchez is going to the pen we need to acquire a reliable starter, but we should not give up any top prospects to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad