Injury Report: Updates in Post #1: Crosby (jaw) | Martin (hand) | Neal (concussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Iginla has been dropping some hints on Sid the past couple days today he said he hopes Sid is back in 3 weeks or sooner im starting to think the timeframe is 3 weeks for Sid

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know it's not my call, but do we need to have the Bruins stuff in this injury thread? I read this thread to get updates on the injured players.

Sorry, this stuff was pertaining to his injury. What more do we need to know about his injury? He's doing well considering, and we might or might not see him before the playoffs. I'm leaning before though.

The OP is probably as far as you need to go, it's updated as soon as it comes in, is it not?:nod:

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Sid's a warrior. He'll be back when it's possible to be back.

Whether that's two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, five weeks... whatever. He'll be back when it's possible to be back.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sorry, this stuff was pertaining to his injury. What more do we need to know about his injury? He's doing well considering, and we might or might not see him before the playoffs. I'm leaning before though.

The OP is probably as far as you need to go, it's updated as soon as it comes in, is it not?:nod:

The Bruins?

images

The ***** chose us. Who cares about them? Let us be in their heads.

As for Crosby, the only worry I have at all is his conditioning right before the playoffs. This certainly will set him back as far as workouts go for a time. This is a mirror of Hossa though, a week or ten days play together before the playoffs start. Does anyone think that these guys need more? And it is not as if they never played together.

images

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Definitely nothing new I'm sure but heard on the local sports station here (93.7) that Sid's home and will be confined to soups and shakes for a while due to swelling. Tocchet says he should be ready for the playoffs.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I hope he comes back with enough games left to win another art ross. I know it shouldn't matter but it would be nice considering how close he is to winning one.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
As for Crosby, the only worry I have at all is his conditioning right before the playoffs. This certainly will set him back as far as workouts go for a time. This is a mirror of Hossa though, a week or ten days play together before the playoffs start. Does anyone think that these guys need more? And it is not as if they never played together.

images

Yupp. I know a lot of people think that Bylsma won't change the lines, but I don't think it could be more obvious that they want to play together.

As far as Sid goes, if he is able to come back with a few regular season games left and can still win the scoring title/Hart, then maybe having a couple weeks off and getting rested for the playoffs will turn out to be a good thing.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

One interesting part of the article:

-The Penguins were going to wear their blue uniforms on Tuesday night against Buffalo, but have scrapped the idea. Whether it’s related or not, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review notes that Crosby has twice been injured wearing the blue unis, and Evgeni Malkin was injured wearing them earlier this season.

– The decision to scrap the blues, the Tribune reports, was not made by Pens players.

I hate those unis.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Bruins fan still boo Kessel 5 years later. For being traded? One of the whiniest fan bases.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Bruins fan still boo Kessel 5 years later. For being traded? One of the whiniest fan bases.

To be fair, wasn't he holding out? It's still silly, but at least somewhat understandable. Especially since the Bruins made out like bandits. They should be sending Kessel flowers for doing the franchise a huge favor.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Damnit. If he misses 3 weeks how many reg season games are left?

Its gonna blow watching him lose every award....again

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Screw that... 10 gallons of gas, a match, and a few bottles of rum to watch it all burn...

And when the cops came through, me and Dre stood next to a burnt down house.

With a can full of gas, and a hand full of matches, still no one found out.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Any updates on Crosby today?

Don't think so. I beleive they need the swelling down before the can evaluate and comment on timelines. I'm expecting the next meaningful update wont come until Late this week.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what a bionic Sid can do in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad