Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Huh? I think Letang was said to be day to day, not out longer term, they were leaving it up in the air...for all I know he could be back Friday

And FYI I think if they believe Rust has no chance to come back in the RS, like a 3-month injury as someone suggested, they would say he’s out for the year with a chance of coming back if they make a long playoff run...so it’s not a broken ankle like Schultz had...ligament damage to knee or high ankle sprain most likely
So assume Letang might meet the team in Montreal? If he didn't make the trip assume he is receiving treatment.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Btw, what’s most concerning imo is that we haven’t heard anything about Dumo...it’s been 5 days since his concussion...has he been skating? We’ve heard nothing. If not, that means he still has symptoms and that’s a very concerning sign

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
For sure.

Had he gone down before - our TDL would have included both Guds AND Dustin Brown. Company policy - we don't do rentals. Long term or bust.

Thanks , Rusty. Get well soon!

Also, that was textbook interference. No penalty, no hearing...nothing? WTF.

Haven’t you heard? There is no such thing as interference in the nhl 2018-19 rule book...

Reactions: joeyjake5

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Btw, what’s most concerning imo is that we haven’t heard anything about Dumo...it’s been 5 days since his concussion...has he been skating? We’ve heard nothing. If not, that means he still has symptoms and that’s a very concerning sign
Neither are skating, but "progressing". Which could mean anything from "practicing soon" to "they're simply still, technically, alive".

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So assume Letang might meet the team in Montreal? If he didn't make the trip assume he is receiving treatment.

He’s either going to practice tomorrow or at least skate, or he’s not playing against either BUF or MTL...that’s usually the way Sully works

Reactions: Multigrain

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Neither are skating, but "progressing". Which could mean anything from "practicing soon" to "they're simply still, technically, alive".

It’s not good if Dumo isn’t skating because the concussion protocol is to get the player back on the ice as soon as he’s clear of symptoms...deduction: he’s not clear of symptoms 5 days later

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
It’s not good if Dumo isn’t skating because the concussion protocol is to get the player back on the ice as soon as he’s clear of symptoms...deduction: he’s not clear of symptoms 5 days later
Im also wondering if he's got jaw issues. I guess if they needed to surgically repair his jaw we'd know by now.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He could be doing off-ice stuff. Although I think light physical activity is allowed even with symptoms.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
He could be doing off-ice stuff. Although I think light physical activity is allowed even with symptoms.
Wearing dark glasses and sitting in dark rooms no light. Just hope they don't rush him back and that he takes his time.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not an expert on the interference rule but Rust did play the puck there, no...?

Yeah that wasn't interference. Boarding maybe since it was a few feet away from the boards and potentially dangerous area. It was just an unfortunate incident and not a play that's necessary, but legal IMO.

Reactions: ETA

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Rust was in a bad position and McQuaid moved toward him and finished his check. My complaint is when a player is on the boards, the opposing player has to play the puck as the primary responsibility. I think the hit on Ruhwedel was also the same kind of play. Foligno made mo attempt to play the puck and IMHO should have been charged with boarding. Two injuries could have been avoided with calling those kind of situations that way.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Sully usually terms week to week for a 2-3 week injury and longer term for a month+....for example, ZAR was termed “longer term” and he was out 5-6 weeks I think...

Huh? I think Letang was said to be day to day, not out longer term, they were leaving it up in the air...for all I know he could be back Friday

And FYI I think if they believe Rust has no chance to come back in the RS, like a 3-month injury as someone suggested, they would say he’s out for the year with a chance of coming back if they make a long playoff run...so it’s not a broken ankle like Schultz had...ligament damage to knee or high ankle sprain most likely
Week-to-week = 2-3 weeks
Longer term = month+
Day-to-day = dead

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
If they do manage to make the playoffs and Rust is still out

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Hate to speculate but that hit on Dumo was pretty bad. He was in some pretty bad pain from his facial expression.

As always head injuries vary from individual. Hopefully he can get back to normal and avoid something like that again. Hate to see those

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You could win a cup with those forwards....
The D is the big ?

And Murray.

So many games during our runs were won 2-1..even 1-0. Especially the series clinchers.

And we didn't get that last year. Flyers series was a shootout. Caps series he didnt make the big saves we needed(combined with our guys not being able to score the big goals needed...but then again look back at the cup runs and our goalies kept making saves to continue to allow our guys more time to get that GW goal). Not that it was all his fault...cant count how many breakdowns we had but what won us those cups was our goaltending making those huge saves.

Can he get back to that level? Dont even need him to be on that level but better than last year and what we've seen during our losses this year.

Still many afraid to talk about it because of Fleury...but hes old news. Forget about all of that and actually focus on what we have now. Imo we won the 2017 cup with a worse D group. Because of goaltending. If we want to have a shot this year we need him back. And scoring from more than our first line(altho it would be nice to see that kind of production from line 1 again lol). Have a feeling we would get that. Malkin is healthy. Kessel is. McCann could be a playoff hero..who knows. And timely goals from guys like Bjugstad, Cullen, Blueger, etc.

19 games left to get on the right track...good news is theyll have to go on a hot streak to make it unlike last year..and thats exactly what we want going in.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Don’t worry, once Erik “The Mountain” Gudbranson gets in the line up, these big hits and injuries in our players will cease to exist...
They'll just even out.. which I'll take at this point.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013

IF they are following what is commonly accepted in the medical field, you wait until your symptom free, and then progress along a graduated return to activity, often times the first step is as simple as walking just fast enough to raise your heart rate. Any time you experience symptoms, its back to rest and you start the process all over again. They definitely shouldn't be allowing physical activity if he's having symptoms.

But of course, that's just the medical recommendations, what they actually do with concussions in sports is behind the curtain.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Rust was in a bad position and McQuaid moved toward him and finished his check. My complaint is when a player is on the boards, the opposing player has to play the puck as the primary responsibility. I think the hit on Ruhwedel was also the same kind of play. Foligno made mo attempt to play the puck and IMHO should have been charged with boarding. Two injuries could have been avoided with calling those kind of situations that way.

Agreed. In Rust's hit, McQuaid easily could have played the puck first. But was hell bent on a hit.

I'd consider calling a charging penalty...as that's got a lot of grey area and could stick...whereas it wasn't interference and not really boarding, if I were the ref and wanted to send a message to the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad