Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think losing Ruhwedel matters, but losing Rust really hurts. I really hope "longer term" just means something like 4-5 weeks, which should put him back near the end of the regular season. Based on what I saw though, I'm expecting a broken ankle and being out for the year. It's not Schultz level bad, but it's still bad.

I think I'm fully on board with calling Rust injury prone at this point. 62 games this year, 69 games last year and 57 games in 2016-2017, along with him only playing in 57 games between WBS and Pittsburgh combined in 2015-2016 (don't recall if those were injuries or scratches, though). It kinda sucks to be paying that injury prone of a guy how much they're paying him.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Whats worse about it is Now that they finally put Hornqvist back on the first line I think McCann and Rust on the same line could have been a great 3rd for us.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It was nice of Rust to wait until after the deadline for his annual injury sojourn....

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think I'm fully on board with calling Rust injury prone at this point . . . It kinda sucks to be paying that injury prone of a guy how much they're paying him.

Unfortunately for him, if he's not playing balls-out, he's not nearly effective enough to justify the contract, so it's a bit of a catch-22.

Reactions: Andy99

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I think I'm fully on board with calling Rust injury prone at this point. 62 games this year, 69 games last year and 57 games in 2016-2017, along with him only playing in 57 games between WBS and Pittsburgh combined in 2015-2016 (don't recall if those were injuries or scratches, though). It kinda sucks to be paying that injury prone of a guy how much they're paying him.

Um hmm. Um hmm um hmm.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Whats worse about it is Now that they finally put Hornqvist back on the first line I think McCann and Rust on the same line could have been a great 3rd for us.

What's worse is Horny still hasn't found his game yet, so now you don't even have the option to put Rust back on there (never thought I'd find myself saying those words before, but here we are). At this point, give me Simon.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't really see any ankle issue on Rust.. looks like maybe he took a hit to the side of his knee, which might mean MCL.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Would be nice if Bellerive was ready now. Blueger having a problem with them playing him but Jordy is on another level if he reaches his potential.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I don't really see any ankle issue on Rust.. looks like maybe he took a hit to the side of his knee, which might mean MCL.

Like maybe an MCL sprain? The most severe of those has a recovery time of about 3 months, the least severe 2-4 weeks, according to Dr. Google.

Reactions: Trade

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I’d really love to know what these coaches and front office mean by “longer term”?

The NHL really needs to update their injury reporting and stop giving so vague of answers.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d really love to know what these coaches and front office mean by “longer term”?

The NHL really needs to update their injury reporting and stop giving so vague of answers.

Sully usually terms week to week for a 2-3 week injury and longer term for a month+....for example, ZAR was termed “longer term” and he was out 5-6 weeks I think...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't think losing Ruhwedel matters, but losing Rust really hurts. I really hope "longer term" just means something like 4-5 weeks, which should put him back near the end of the regular season. Based on what I saw though, I'm expecting a broken ankle and being out for the year. It's not Schultz level bad, but it's still bad.

It shouldn't be surprising. The guy plays balls to the wall all the time and isn't very big. He's a very important player, but guys like him generally have a relatively short shelf life.

Reactions: BHD

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Like its been said this is the perfect time for Blueger to get his chance (and stay up). He is the closest to Rust as we have right now, who can score here and there unlike Wilson.

We will also need more of that from McCann that we got last night.

Reactions: Multigrain

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So that means Letang will be back?

Huh? I think Letang was said to be day to day, not out longer term, they were leaving it up in the air...for all I know he could be back Friday

And FYI I think if they believe Rust has no chance to come back in the RS, like a 3-month injury as someone suggested, they would say he’s out for the year with a chance of coming back if they make a long playoff run...so it’s not a broken ankle like Schultz had...ligament damage to knee or high ankle sprain most likely

Reactions: Multigrain

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
It was nice of Rust to wait until after the deadline for his annual injury sojourn....

For sure.

Had he gone down before - our TDL would have included both Guds AND Dustin Brown. Company policy - we don't do rentals. Long term or bust.

Thanks , Rusty. Get well soon!

Also, that was textbook interference. No penalty, no hearing...nothing? WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad