Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I doubt any of them will play. Just working their way back now. I'd say end of the week if we're really lucky

Yeah, 1 or 2 of them being back for the Columbus game in Columbus would be the best case scenario I would assume. That’s Saturday and gives them 5 days to get ready for it.

I’d also assume that the two would be Letang and Doumo. I’d expect the coaches to give Maata at least a week to get his feet back under him.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Rust is wearing a boot on his foot. Does that mean his ankle is broken? Or could it just be sprained?
Every boot has its answer.

Seriously though, i'm not too worried about Rust, looks more like a preventive thing.

I'm almost certain he'll be 100% PO ready when needed.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Rust was walking with a slight limp but not in a boot. Letang skated with Olli this morning with the skills coach. I expect Dumo to be back maybe Thursday if he can practice Wednesday not wearing the no contact jersey. If not Saturday looks like his earliest game.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
What? We would be lucky to have Dumo the other guys are skating before practice?? No they won’t be playing tomorrow

Yah reminder to everyone that the procedure is always the same. They have to get through each stage, wait at least a day for any symptoms and then progress to the next stage. Concussion protocol is 7 days even if they're 100% fine the day after the incident. They have to do at least a day of rest, a day of off ice exercise, a day of on ice exercise (before practice), a no contact practice, a full contact practice all without symptoms before they can get cleared and the team can't always fit those in all in a row. Dumo might get back the game after next but that's assuming the team has a full contact practice scheduled before the CBJ game.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

I think the protocol has been tweaked in the last year. It used to be that they had to take contact and wait 24 hours. That final ramp up seems to have been shortened.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
We should be able to win this game without Doumo tonight. I wouldn’t rush him back. Get him back Thursday and then hope for Letang Saturday or Sunday.

Thursday/Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday is a gauntlet of games that I’d like these guys back for.

Columbus, Columbus, Boston, Washington is probably the toughest stretch of this year for us.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Great news for Dumo and Letang, hope to have them back soon even if the D has been doing a solid job so far

:huh:

Why mess with a good thing? We will be back to 10 odd man rushes/breakaways a game. Murray is already tossing and turning in his sleep at the thought.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
:huh:

Why mess with a good thing? We will be back to 10 odd man rushes/breakaways a game. Murray is already tossing and turning in his sleep at the thought.

Well because usually it's a matter of time before things go back to normal for those type of D's. They usually go on "runs"
If you can insert your #1 and 3 D back in the lineup, you do it no matter what!

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
We should be able to win this game without Doumo tonight. I wouldn’t rush him back. Get him back Thursday and then hope for Letang Saturday or Sunday.

Thursday/Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday is a gauntlet of games that I’d like these guys back for.

Columbus, Columbus, Boston, Washington is probably the toughest stretch of this year for us.

true but the good thing is we usually show up for the "tougher" games !!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Well because usually it's a matter of time before things go back to normal for those type of D's. They usually go on "runs"
If you can insert your #1 and 3 D back in the lineup, you do it no matter what!

A long time ago I learned that in any sport, when a key player goes down and a backup comes in several things happen....

A. coaches often simplify schemes and find ways to protect and minimize the impact the sub has to make...

B. Players tend to play more resonsible games around newer players... they take fewer risks and liberties..

C. The players themselves tend to take one of two paths, they either try to do too much to prove their worth, which often ends badly, or they play a simple game within their means and look fine...

D. It almost always puts a level of uncertainty in other teams gameplans for a bit....

After a while teams get used to the sub and start expecting more from them... then the above statements start being void... he tries to do more, teams start countering his strengths and focusing on his weaknesses, players around him start taking more liberties cause they trust him...

Then either he proves he belongs as a starter or he faulters and his flaws are more prevalent.

Guys like Ruh or, I suspect, DeSmith, are probably not everyday players. The look good for a couple games or maybe even a month.. but eventually they are asked to play with fewer safeguards in place and they look very average or worse sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad