Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
at least they're both skating, and Malkin did travel.. Makes me think if we at least drop game 1, Malkin will be out there for game 2 no matter what.

Reactions: Coach Travis

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think if push came to shove Geno could play. But the bigger issue is just how effective he'd be.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe I'm just making baseless assumptions, but I think Geno's availability will be determined with how these games play out. If the Pens manage to win Game 1? Geno probably sits again in Game 2. If they lose? He might dress in game 2.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think if push came to shove Geno could play. But the bigger issue is just how effective he'd be.

I'm still curious what exactly is wrong is Hagelin. He isn't going to DC and game 2 is most likely Saturday. That is 3 days from now. Guy must be seriously hurting.

Geno going is weird. Makes you wonder if he will be a go for game 2 if Pens lose game 1.

If Pens take control of this series I don't think Geno comes back until Penguins are in trouble of losing the series.

What do I know though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Flying isn't good for concussions, which I assume is what he has.

Yep, I been saying he was concussed since the hit. I mean I assume. After watching the replay a few times he got absolutely smoooooooooked. Even hitting the ice like he did with his head bouncing off the ice could have concussed him.
Usually they announce concussion outside of the 'upper / lower body injury' paradigm.
Who knows. Concussion is my bet though too.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Anyone else think it's weird we haven't gotten a zapruder like film breakdown on the Hagelin hit like the Letang "trip" ? I can't find a slow motion replay to determine if it was high

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
at least they're both skating, and Malkin did travel.. Makes me think if we at least drop game 1, Malkin will be out there for game 2 no matter what.
I think some of the guys who normally find themselves lower on the depth chart than Malkin & Hagelin will be chomping at the bit to show their worth. We're not as good without them but I think we're going to see a Pens team filled to the brim with piss & vinegar.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think some of the guys who normally find themselves lower on the depth chart than Malkin & Hagelin will be chomping at the bit to show their worth. We're not as good without them but I think we're going to see a Pens team filled to the brim with piss & vinegar.

I think vim and vigor would be more applicable =]

Reactions: Coach Travis

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Brassard needs to ****in show up this time....

He had 3 points in 6 games with 14:07 TOI/G and won 50.7% of his faceoffs.

He hasn't been setting the world on fire, but he's been fine. In an elevated role with elevated responsibility and TOI, I'm sure his numbers will rise proportionally.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
He had 3 points in 6 games with 14:07 TOI/G and won 50.7% of his faceoffs.

He hasn't been setting the world on fire, but he's been fine. In an elevated role with elevated responsibility and TOI, I'm sure his numbers will rise proportionally.

Yeah he really needs to step up his game vs Washington because he really haven’t convinced me since we traded for him.
Otherwise, it’ll be another waste of a 1st round pick

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah he really needs to step up his game vs Washington because he really haven’t convinced me since we traded for him.
Otherwise, it’ll be another great date of a 1st round pick

What were you expecting? Because 8 points in 14 games while adapting to a new team off of 14:49 minutes a night of ES and PP sounds a fair expectation...

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
What were you expecting? Because 8 points in 14 games while adapting to a new team off of 14:49 minutes a night of ES and PP sounds a fair expectation...

Stats aren’t only the only thing that matters for a 3rd line center, especially on a offense-minded team like Pittsburgh. Bonino was better in the last 2 seasons than Brassard this season.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Stats aren’t only the only thing that matters for a 3rd line center, especially on a offense-minded team like Pittsburgh. Bonino was better in the last 2 seasons than Brassard this season.

Then what else were you hoping to see from him and what did Bonino do better?

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
Then what else were you hoping to see from him and what did Bonino do better?

Defense? His recent line has been good in the past games with Rust and Sheary, but he was still underwhelming compared to the level he was in Ottawa or even NYR

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Otherwise, it’ll be another waste of a 1st round pick

First of all, it's a tiny sample size of one series in which Brassard did fine in his role, measured against a long history of being a fantastic playoff performer.

Second, another waste of a 1st round pick? We've been leveraging them extremely well in pursuit of what everyone's ultimately in it for: winning. You can argue that it was a mistake to move down from a 1st to a 2nd in pursuit of Reaves, but that's about it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Defense? His recent line has been good in the past games with Rust and Sheary, but he was still underwhelming compared to the level he was in Ottawa or even NYR

He was a top pivot in Ott playing between 18-20 mins a night, same with the NYR.

He is playing a reduced role for the Pens, I mean cmon.

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
He was a top pivot in Ott playing between 18-20 mins a night, same with the NYR.

He is playing a reduced role for the Pens, I mean cmon.

That’s probably the minutes he will be given vs Washington with the absence of Malkin.. that’s why I said that he needs to step up his game. It’s really not that hard to understand.. he is decent right now, but needs to improve his game to be considered a good acquisition for me. We gave up a 1st, Gustavsson and Ian Cole for him.. It’s not like he was a FA pickup..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad