Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ideally Brassard and Sheahan

Was already counting those guys along with our other top players. Thinking we might also need a surprise player to step up like Sheary/Rust in 2016 and Guentzel last year(not to that extent tho).

Not expecting much but a few timely goals/plays from Simon/ZAR would be nice

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Reading in between the lines of the players its obvious Geno isn't coming back anytime soon.

Their gonna have to get this done without him.
I really don't think they can. We essentially have Sid, Jake and Hornqvist, a 50% Phil, and Brassard and Rust who are both sporadic scorers at best. All the Caps really have to do is match Sid's line in goals, (which they pretty much always do anyway) and let their other scoring line out-score ours. Phil not being close to 100% really throws a wrench into things. Our bottom 6 isn't all that impressive compared to theirs, contrary to what some posters here would have you believe.

Not that any of it matters anyway, when you consider the beast who will likely be awaiting in the conference final.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I really don't think they can. We essentially have Sid, Jake and Hornqvist, a 50% Phil, and Brassard and Rust who are both sporadic scorers at best. All the Caps really have to do is match Sid's line in goals, (which they pretty much always do anyway) and let their other scoring line out-score ours. Phil not being close to 100% really throws a wrench into things. Our bottom 6 isn't all that impressive compared to theirs, contrary to what some posters here would have you believe.

Not that any of it matters anyway, when you consider the beast who will likely be awaiting in the conference final.

But the Caps really only have one line themselves.

Stephenson Backstrom Oshie
Connolly Eller DSP

Those lines don't scare me at all.

Reactions: Turin

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
But the Caps really only have one line themselves.

Stephenson Backstrom Oshie
Connolly Eller DSP

Those lines don't scare me at all.

Stephenson could surprise..has some speed. Oshie always scores against us like Drouin. It will happen. Backstrom is solid enough of a passer to set those two up.

Without Malkin and Hagelin...these teams are close to even now. Which is saying alot about our team, being without one of the best players in the world and Hagelin who is great in the playoffs.

Ill take being even...with those two out. If Any other team lost players like that , their season is over

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Stephenson could surprise..has some speed. Oshie always scores against us like Drouin. It will happen. Backstrom is solid enough of a passer to set those two up.

Without Malkin and Hagelin...these teams are close to even now. Which is saying alot about our team, being without one of the best players in the world and Hagelin who is great in the playoffs.

Ill take being even...with those two out. If Any other team lost players like that , their season is over

The forwards might be close to even but I’d still take our defense and Sullivan over Trotz. The goaltenders might be the wildcard. Both aren’t coming off good seasons and Murray just had back to back bad games in the playoffs.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If they are borderline ready?

That’s a judgement call based on more information than I have.

If the medical says they won’t hurt or make things worse then it’s easier to say yes. Also depends how much it hinders them (and in turn their linemates) and what the replacements could do.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Sucks that it's confirmed they're out for Game 1, but at least they're skating. Hopefully both back by Game 3. Get a split in Washington and the team will be fine IMO.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wouldn't be surprised if Hagelin has to wear a cage when he comes back. I wouldn't be surprised he's got any facial fractures. Of course I'm just speculating.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Hagelin has to wear a cage when he comes back. I wouldn't be surprised he's got any facial fractures. Of course I'm just speculating.

He either bit through his tongue, lost teeth or has a fracture, or a combination of those...hopefully they’re only waiting for a sutured area to heal (best case)....if he has a fracture, he could be out 4-6 weeks if the doctors feel he shouldn’t play, which would take him to the SCF at best....possible concussion too
A cage would only protect certain areas...depends where the fracture is....if it can’t be protected, he might not play...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad