Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
They only person who can be injured and be the downfall of the team is Sid. If he goes down it's over.

Well, we did actually win that game he didn't play last year. Against the Caps.

I don't believe we can win a cup if we are deprived of Sid or Geno for the duration, but you can win individual games for sure, a series or two even if you're lucky. They just seem too fundamental for it to be possible to go all the way.

Anyway - does anyone have anything tangible on Geno's being severely injured? Because otherwise it seems a lot of nancying going on....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, we did actually win that game he didn't play last year. Against the Caps.

I don't believe we can win a cup if we are deprived of Sid or Geno for the duration, but you can win individual games for sure, a series or two even if you're lucky. They just seem too fundamental for it to be possible to go all the way.

Anyway - does anyone have anything tangible on Geno's being severely injured? Because otherwise it seems a lot of nancying going on....

Don't forget Sid had 13 points in 6 games in round 1. Not to mention some back breaking game changing goals.
Sid is the key. Malkin is important too no doubt. Penguins need at least one of them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Don't forget Sid had 13 points in 6 games in round 1. Not to mention some back breaking game changing goals.
Sid is the key. Malkin is important too no doubt. Penguins need at least one of them.

Pens also scored 8 freaking goals without Geno and it's not like our C depth is - Sid, Sheahan, Jooris, and Rowney. It's Sid-Brassard-Sheahan-Turd

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pens also scored 8 freaking goals without Geno and it's not like our C depth is - Sid, Sheahan, Jooris, and Rowney. It's Sid-Brassard-Sheahan-Turd
Yeah scoring wasn't just the first line. Just saying, Sid was there to bang in those goals when it was Flyers owning the play.
The goal off the face off rebound. The wrap around. The other wrap around. They were all crucial goals.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah scoring wasn't just the first line. Just saying, Sid was there to bang in those goals when it was Flyers owning the play.
The goal off the face off rebound. The wrap around. The other wrap around. They were all crucial goals.

And let's not forget the Jake Gentzelution that is upon us.

Let us bask in that pasty curly haired playoff beast's talents.

Reactions: shoplifter

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

And, honestly, even with Kessel dealing with whatever and Hagelin having whatever the wingers aren’t trash and Kessel does seem to able to temporarily hit his higher gear. The D are all healthy enough to play and Murray has gotten a few days to sort himself out.

Playoff beast - crosby - beloved crazy man
A winger a season removed from almost a ppg - Brassard - clutch guy
Idk - Sheahan coming off a great series - beat up Kessel
Ignore-this-line

Maybe ZAR gets up to L3 and finds his form. Hopefully Sheary gets close to his ceiling with brassard and Rust. Losing Malkin is bad but it doesn’t make them suddenly awful. They have a 1C, 2C, 3C and AHL pet.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like how Flyers players chirped the crap out of Guentzel, especially Giroux and then Jake just goes on a scoring clinic.

That was a wild game. I went from happy to sad, happy again, sad again, super sad, optimistic, laughing, amazed. All in one game! hahaha it was not pretty but who gives a dang.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And, honestly, even with Kessel dealing with whatever and Hagelin having whatever the wingers aren’t trash and Kessel does seem to able to temporarily hit his higher gear. The D are all healthy enough to play and Murray has gotten a few days to sort himself out.

Playoff beast - crosby - beloved crazy man
A winger a season removed from almost a ppg - Brassard - clutch guy
Idk - Sheahan coming off a great series - beat up Kessel
Ignore-this-line

Maybe ZAR gets up to L3 and finds his form. Hopefully Sheary gets close to his ceiling with brassard and Rust. Losing Malkin is bad but it doesn’t make them suddenly awful. They have a 1C, 2C, 3C and AHL pet.

The Thrill might not be scoring, but he's still got that severely underrated playmaking ability that is HUGE while being on the 3rd line. I still separate the three we have left for impact guys on each line like Crosby, Brassard, and Kessel to maximize our depth against a Capitals team that isn't that deep anyway.

It's why I like that Sullivan is likely keeping Sheahan with Kessel and Brassard with Rust and Sid with Jake.

Stick with the "pairs" that work and Sullivan likes that whole "pairs" thing.

The 4th line is what worries me most, Kuhnhackl I have been happy with in the Flyers series, I hate him less at the moment than I did during the season. But Rowney, meh game or not, you know the worst is yet to come with him, it's a matter of time. A ticking time bomb of suck. Simon has been meh for the most part, but this is where I wish JR/Sullivan utilized their depth a little more.

DiPauli should have had some time up, we could have seen where he could have slot in on the 4th line.
Call up Jooris - Having Kuhn and Jooris flanking that piece of trash Rowney makes me sleep better at night.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Welp, this yeah thrived on adversity in last year's playoffs. They know how it is, they know what they need to do. Other dudes just need to step up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad