Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Luongo and Lundqvist also had big portions of their hall of fame career with Vigneault...

Vigneault has done as much or more from an adaptive/change standpoint than any coach with his wins record

He gets criticized for his decisions with young players but ends up being justified, in many cases, retrospectively.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
So Sobotka, Scandella and other vets should get more ice time?
I think we could use someone who holds guys accountable. Whoever is having the best game should be getting the important minutes. Not just the same guys every time because that’s their role.

That's not really how he works....

If Scandella and Vlads play really well next season then yes, AV would likely ride them to a frustrating degree the following two years. He doesn't just make a player his favourite because of their age. It's more about prioritizing trust and past success.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
That's not really how he works....

If Scandella and Vlads play really well next season then yes, AV would likely ride them to a frustrating degree the following two years. He doesn't just make a player his favourite because of their age. It's more about prioritizing trust and past success.
It was a comment more about how Jame said it rather than a direct comment about AV. I live in the Okanagan and am very aware of AV and the type of coach he is. I don’t think he’s a bad coach, he’s probably near the top of my list in terms of coaches available. I just dislike him and don’t want him to be the coach of this franchise for the 3+ years.

Reactions: sabresandcanucks

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Luongo and Lundqvist also had big portions of their hall of fame career with Vigneault...

Vigneault has done as much or more from an adaptive/change standpoint than any coach with his wins record
I'm not going to attribute goalie performance to a HC, especially when the goalies in question were elite for years before playing for him.

And since the Rangers finals team was mentioned, they had crazy good depth at forward. AV didn't even have to bother creating working lines (and didn't, as demonstrated by MSL).

Reactions: sabremike

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
It was a comment more about how Jame said it rather than a direct comment about AV. I live in the Okanagan and am very aware of AV and the type of coach he is. I don’t think he’s a bad coach, he’s probably near the top of my list in terms of coaches available. I just dislike him and don’t want him to be the coach of this franchise for the 3+ years.

Fair,

Props to another BC Sabres fan!

Reactions: sabresEH

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I'm not going to attribute goalie performance to a HC, especially when the goalies in question were elite for years before playing for him.

And since the Rangers finals team was mentioned, they had crazy good depth at forward. AV didn't even have to bother creating working lines (and didn't, as demonstrated by MSL).

It's important to note that when the Canucks were at their height it was due to them outscoring opponents....not Luongo standing on his head. In fact, there was a growing movement to move on from Luongo in favour of Cory Schneider.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I love how there are immediate rumors that all of the other teams who fired coaches already have a new coach in mind, with negotiations already started, but no signs of anything being hatched in buffalo.

Reactions: Chainshot

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I think I'd be most excited about the direction of the team if we hired Keefe. Added bonus of screwing Toronto.

Bruce is safer and more of a sure thing though. Multiple teams have gotten consistently good wherever he goes.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Even though he is young and it would be his 1st NHL gig....I am very intrigued by Sheldon Keefe...If they go old school Vigneault would probably be my choice.

Reactions: MacOfNiagara

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I vote for anyone who has a lot of experience and has no connections of any kind to the Buffalo Sabres organization.

I think more of a disciplinarian type could work well with this group as well.

Maybe Bruce Boudreau? At least for a while?

Sutter? AV? Not a huge fan of JC.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Chicago instantly became better once Q was gone..but it was almost solely because their powerplay went from something like 12% to 30%. Is that Q's fault?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad