Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Krueger is the only one on the list who I think has propelled a team past its expectations. The others either had great teams, or have already shown they were not enough. Taylor is too new

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Krueger is the only one on the list who I think has propelled a team past its expectations. The others either had great teams, or have already shown they were not enough. Taylor is too new

You think the rangers cup finals team was great?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
1200 wins, jack Adams, multiple presidents trophies, developed hall of famers... what’s your beef?
I've seen push back from a few on twitter to him as well. I don't get it but I also don't pretend to know a ton about AV outside of the obvious things you mentioned. Which seems like a pretty good resume to me.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
1200 wins, jack Adams, multiple presidents trophies, developed hall of famers... what’s your beef?
Our goalies are Carter Hutton and Linus Ullmark, not Luongo and Lundqvist. I also generally consider him a dinosaur in terms of player evaluation and lineup decisionmaking.

Rangers fans also complained about his man to man defensive scheme a lot and we all know how that works with this team.

Reactions: sabresEH

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I've seen push back from a few on twitter to him as well. I don't get it but I also don't pretend to know a ton about AV outside of the obvious things you mentioned. Which seems like a pretty good resume to me.

I understand the distaste for how he’s treated young players and favored vets... frankly I think we could use some of that.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
My personal random list:

1-7 Boudreau
8-Q/AV whichever
9-Keefe

I have no basis other then I really enjoy listening to Boudreau swear incessantly.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Q/AV/Bruce/Sutter. Any of those 4 are good to me. Outside those 4 I'm not all that enthusiastic.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009

The knock on AV is that he has a dog house and certain players can never get out of it. Canuck fans hated it when he would scratch Grabner and Hodgson or stick them on the 4th line in limited roles. I hear Ranger fans had similar frustrations with some of their young players.

The difference in Buffalo is....our entire core is young. Alex Nylander is the one player I could see really struggling under AV though.

Reactions: joshjull

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I want an experienced veteran. The buffalo job is clearly a heavy lift. We need someone that’s been there and done it before. Someone who 8a going to command the respect of the locker room and get player buy-in.

My top choice is probably Q.
But I’d be happy with B.B. if he’s let go. Or AV.

They just need to get this hire right. We can’t keep changing coaches every 2 years.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I understand the distaste for how he’s treated young players and favored vets... frankly I think we could use some of that.
So Sobotka, Scandella and other vets should get more ice time?
I think we could use someone who holds guys accountable. Whoever is having the best game should be getting the important minutes. Not just the same guys every time because that’s their role.

Reactions: Digable5

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
You think the rangers cup finals team was great?
Team collapsed while under him though. Just leaves a bad taste. I’m not saying he’d be bad, and he probably is at the top of the list for most likely hire. The reasons might not have been his, but riding an all star goalie is easy for a lot of coaches to do, and he did there. I stated why I have my preference.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Our goalies are Carter Hutton and Linus Ullmark, not Luongo and Lundqvist. I also generally consider him a dinosaur in terms of player evaluation and lineup decisionmaking.

Rangers fans also complained about his man to man defensive scheme a lot and we all know how that works with this team.

Luongo and Lundqvist also had big portions of their hall of fame career with Vigneault...

Vigneault has done as much or more from an adaptive/change standpoint than any coach with his wins record

Reactions: Rasmi

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
So Sobotka, Scandella and other vets should get more ice time?
I think we could use someone who holds guys accountable. Whoever is having the best game should be getting the important minutes. Not just the same guys every time because that’s their role.

Certain young players will still get ice time. It will be guys like CJ Smith rather than Alex Nylander. He likes players he can trust.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Article on AV after being fired from Rangers. Same complaints every losing team has about their coach, I guess...I’m sure buffalo fans will have plenty to complain about (I don’t have a strong opinion besides wanting NHL experience).

Alain Vigneault Never Blamed Himself And It Got Him Fired

“On a team laced with veterans, with few kids trying to bud up through the topsoil, and leadership already entrenched in the locker room, Vigneault is your guy. But when the veterans start turning over, and the kids start making a case for bigger roles, or the players that he likes don’t fit his system and it needs a tweak? He becomes a disaster behind the bench”

Sobotka, you’re going to get a scoring line!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad