Confirmed with Link: (Updated) Chris Kelly signs with Ottawa. 1 YR @ 900K

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
can you please share your meds?? :sarcasm:

It was a Chris Kelly quote from Behind the Bs, when they were in the lockerroom between periods and he was trying to motivate the team.

“Pick our heads up. More positive in here, boys,†Kelly urged his teammates. “We’re a great hockey team. We’ve got great players in here. Heads up. Help one another out. Don’t point the finger. Nobody’s playing their [expletive] best right now – nobody. No one can point the finger. Sometimes the passes are there, sometimes they’re not. It’s a game of mistakes; it’s how you react after it. Heads up here, boys. Twenty minutes, we [expletive] got a ‘W,’ smiles on our faces, listening to tunes afterwards. Let’s go here.â€

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...e-of-bruins-wealth-of-locker-room-leadership/

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I absolutely love Chris Kelly and all he has done for us, but resigning him at this stage is a mistake. We need to move on, I know Kelly is a great leader, but it's time for others to step up.

We have no idea what Kelly can even bring at this point on the ice and we know if given the chance, Claude will favor putting Kelly out.

Please Don, move on. Reconstruct the bottom 6, I think we have young guys within the system that deserve a look. I'd like to build a fast and aggressive 4th line and Kelly isn't the answer.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Signing him would be a mistake, the guy's body is beaten down, nothing left to give. We need to inject size, speed, skill and youth into the lineup, Kelly brings none of that.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Agree with most everyone else. Bs do not need to waste time and resources on an older player coming off of yet another injury. I would love it if he would stay with the organization in a coaching role. He helped bring along his fellow players, most notably Marchand, as they were learning the system, so I think he could be an asset to the organization. Thing is it sounds like he still wants to play. Perhaps he will get a one-year deal, who knows.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Sign him as an assistant coach , or give him 20 games as a player to see how he looks and if the results aren't there , you move into the coaching role .

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
no good.
you'd still be stuck with the cap hit.

Not advocating signing Kelly as a player in any way... but hypothetically, if we was signed to a 1m contract, didn't cut it, then assigned to Providence. If he retired would that 1m still be on the cap?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If its one year I'm not opposed to it, because itll be a tradeable contract at the deadline if we're bad.

Agree - 1 year let Clode do his thing and if it doesn't work in 2017/18 we usher in the Pastrnak Vesey Sensyshyn Vatrano DeBrusk Zboril Carlo OGara Bruins

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If Claude wants him resign him

That's exactly why you don't resign him. They've let that guy have his way and his players for too long and it's resulted in 2 **** years of no playoff hockey. Time to make him change it up.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Chris Kelly is a great guy but this should not be a difficult decision here. He's 36. He has not played well or stayed healthy in a while and his body is breaking down. It's time to move on.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Chris Kelly was on the PK for 11 games when the Bruins were the 2nd worst team in that category in the league. Once he got injured, they drastically improved.

So anybody advocating for him to be signed because of being good on the PK, the stats show the exact opposite.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I love what he did here in the past, would love to see him as a coach or involved in the organization at some point in the future, but the B's should not resign him...need to inject some youth into the lineup

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't even know how to feel about this organization anymore.

I just... I just don't know.

I keep expecting them to do the right things, and then they don't. It's like Sweeney is planning for this team to blow until his draft picks start contributing in 2019, or something. It makes no sense. If he's content to build through the draft, why not give some of their young guys in Providence already a chance? They really couldn't be worse than the retreads and old vets they keep rolling out.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Chris Kelly was on the PK for 11 games when the Bruins were the 2nd worst team in that category in the league. Once he got injured, they drastically improved.

So anybody advocating for him to be signed because of being good on the PK, the stats show the exact opposite.

This is a perfect example of correlation not being the same as causation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad