Confirmed with Link: (Updated) Chris Kelly signs with Ottawa. 1 YR @ 900K

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This works out well for both teams, the Bruins move on from a player who's body is broken down and has very little left to give, while the Sens gain experience and leadership which will help their young team. Was really concerned that Sweeney was going to bring him back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One thing I`m disappointed with is wondering out loud if the B`s possibly missing out on the chance on having CK stick around once his playing career is done to help mentor/teach/work with the young kids coming up? I just thought he`d one day make a nice addition to the staff but now I predict he`ll stay in Ottawa to do that which is unfortunate

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“I think under the circumstances with what happened last year with my injury and things like that, it wasn’t ideal, but when free agency opened up, Ottawa was there and let me know that they were interested,†said Kelly, who maintained a residence in Ottawa after being dealt to the Bruins in 2011. “I came in and tested to let them know the injury was fine. I feel great.â€

Kelly, who began skating in March, credited the Bruins medical staff for getting him back on skates.

“It wasn’t the way I wanted my Bruins career to end, being helped off the ice,†said Kelly. “But these things happen. It’s a thing that you learn from and grow from. I’m a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that was just a bump in the road in this hockey career that I’ve been on.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ee_agent_chris_kelly_leaves_bruins_for_ottawa

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
“I think under the circumstances with what happened last year with my injury and things like that, it wasn’t ideal, but when free agency opened up, Ottawa was there and let me know that they were interested,†said Kelly, who maintained a residence in Ottawa after being dealt to the Bruins in 2011. “I came in and tested to let them know the injury was fine. I feel great.â€

Kelly, who began skating in March, credited the Bruins medical staff for getting him back on skates.

“It wasn’t the way I wanted my Bruins career to end, being helped off the ice,†said Kelly. “But these things happen. It’s a thing that you learn from and grow from. I’m a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that was just a bump in the road in this hockey career that I’ve been on.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ee_agent_chris_kelly_leaves_bruins_for_ottawa

great pro on and off the ice

germanbsfan

Jan 17, 2012
Aachen, Germany
Just like Seidenberg, I made a tribute.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_q1XSicpY

Chris was always a guy that stood up for his teammates. He did a lot of charity for the Bruins and the City of Boston. We should never forget that line of Ryder - Kelly - Peverley and what big part they played in winning the cup back in 2011.
What better way to end his career, then playing in his hometown for the team that drafted him and where he already played six seasons, before joining the Bruins.

All the best Chris :yo:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Has anyone checked on Alicat since this news was broken ??

Good value at $900K … Too bad Chiarelli priced him out of Boston. Thanks 23 for all you've done. Forever as Bruin as far as I'm concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->