TSN: UPDATED 9/15 - TSN will air Habs regional games on TSN2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can't stand TVA Spanre. Hopefully, this spells the end for them.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Would be awesome if Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro called the games. Not sure if that'll be possible since they already do Sens games if I recall correctly.

Chris Cuthbert would be nice too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What do you mean no? TVA was horrible. I think this is good news.

I speak as a Rogers subscriber in which I get Sportsnet for free. Now I have to pay for TSN. And I had no issue with John Bartlett.

I'm also in the Ottawa region so I'll probably take a back seat anytime there's a Sens game. Amazing.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Would be awesome if Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro called the games. Not sure if that'll be possible since they already do Sens games if I recall correctly.

Chris Cuthbert would be nice too.

Miller is good and Ferraro is great. I would love it if they cover the habs, and it's entirely possible that this will be the case.

My guess is that if the habs rights are deemed more valuable than the sens rights, then we get miller and Ferraro.... But since this is for English rights and the majority of the habs regional audience watches in French, it's not obvious how tsn would treat this property.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I speak as a Rogers subscriber in which I get Sportsnet for free. Now I have to pay for TSN. And I had no issue with John Bartlett.

I'm also in the Ottawa region so I'll probably take a back seat anytime there's a Sens game. Amazing.

I didn't have issues with Bartlett either, but the opportunity for getting guys like miller, Cuthbert, and Ferraro call your games on a frequent basis is the best news I've heard around here in a long time.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

As an Ottawa resident, I'd rather pay for TSN tbh, it's only a few extra bucks a month for much better quality sportcasters

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
John Bartlett, who did an excellent job as the play-by-play voice of Rogers’ regional telecasts, is in limbo along with analyst Jason York. Bartlett previously provided the radio play-by-play games for TSN 690 and it would make sense to bring him back Sportsnet boss Scott Moore has described Bartlett as a rising star

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Please let this be true. Being in Atlantic Canada I would finally have a reason to watch TSN again which I pay for as part of my Bell satellite package and hardly watch anymore. Also the hockey broadcast on TSN is far superior to anything hockey related on Sportsnet.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Can't stand TVA Spanre. Hopefully, this spells the end for them.

TVA has national French rights, this is English regional rights. I don't think it'll change anything on the French side of things, they bought the national rights from Rogers. Regional is from Bell right?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
TVA has national French rights, this is English regional rights. I don't think it'll change anything on the French side of things, they bought the national rights from Rogers. Regional is from Bell right?

RDS still carry most Habs regular season games. For another 6 years. At $65M per season.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
RDS still carry most Habs regular season games. For another 6 years. At $65M per season.

French regional rights yes. They don't have Saturday games for instance. I didn't know Rogers had the English regional rights for only 3 years. Sucks to be them if the news is true TSN outbid them with Bell ponying the difference.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Please let this be true. Being in Atlantic Canada I would finally have a reason to watch TSN again which I pay for as part of my Bell satellite package and hardly watch anymore. Also the hockey broadcast on TSN is far superior to anything hockey related on Sportsnet.

I live in the Atlantic Canada as well and tbh I am not a fan of Rogers, I am a TSN man:laugh:I never enjoyed John Bartlett, he picks a name of an opposing teams player and he over pronounces it 25 times a game and then we have Jason York and his post concussion reflections.:laugh: Give me Gord Miller and grumpy Ray Ferraro or maybe if we are lucky, Chris the best in the business Cuthbert gets to call our games, that would be a big upgrade over what we have now.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
[/B]
I live in the Atlantic Canada as well and tbh I am not a fan of Rogers, I am a TSN man:laugh:I never enjoyed John Bartlett, he picks a name of an opposing teams player and he over pronounces it 25 times a game and then we have Jason York and his post concussion reflections.:laugh: Give me Gord Miller and grumpy Ray Ferraro or maybe if we are lucky, Chris the best in the business Cuthbert gets to call our games, that would be a big upgrade over what we have now.

This. All this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1