TSN: UPDATED 9/15 - TSN will air Habs regional games on TSN2

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm surprised that Mike Johnson isn't doing color. He has experience and did it for a season last time TSN had Habs rights.

And he's great. Second to Ferraro in the English side. But all languages included, Marc Denis is one of the best. Smart, articulate, well spoken, and just good analysis.

Reactions: JianYang

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
The habs region is said to be east of Kingston according to the blackout map on game center live. It sounds to me that you are on the border of the habs region, and these borders are not clearly defined. So in your case, what tsn might consider out of market is slightly different than Roger's. That sucks, man.

Thanks, I just checked the map and it says east of belleville is habs. Which would include kingston. That is what it has always been. Unless it has changed and i looked at an older map. Anyways, i've emailed tsn about it. I would recommend that others who are affected do also.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
The habs region is said to be east of Kingston according to the blackout map on game center live. It sounds to me that you are on the border of the habs region, and these borders are not clearly defined. So in your case, what tsn might consider out of market is slightly different than Roger's. That sucks, man.

Imagine being a Habs fan and living 1 street outside the broadcast region? How awful would that be? :laugh:

Or like in my case I am being discriminated due to my service provider #VideotronViewersMatter :sarcasm:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I have a hard time believing it's the provider. If you have the channel and you live in the right area, there shouldn't be an issue. But I'm no expert in these matters.
This sounds like TSN Habs all over again.

Bell probably wants Videotron to pay extra for English Habs games and they won't. Hence the blackouts. I hope I'm wrong.

These TSN2 blackouts on Videotron have nothing to do with whether you are within the region or not.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I just checked my BellTV satellite guide and it looks like Bell added TSN2 to my current package which is good news for me. :) Hopefully it isn't just a free preview.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is bullshit.

Never have I been blacked out before but now I am? 3 1/2 hours away from Montreal. Two NHL teams far closer to me than that. And I'm blacked out on TSN.

f*** TSN and f*** the NHL.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa game isn't blacked out though... LOL.

TSN and NHL can kiss my ass. Bless you, Reddit.

Only got to see about 6 minutes of the first.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't read this thread but please tell I won't have to listen to Dave Poulin all season long? Don't get me wrong he was one hell of a defensive forward and seems very intelligent but his voice makes me want to go to sleep.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I haven't read this thread but please tell I won't have to listen to Dave Poulin all season long? Don't get me wrong he was one hell of a defensive forward and seems very intelligent but his voice makes me want to go to sleep.

100%. Hes ok I guess on the analyst desk but what an awful choice for a colour commentator.

Reactions: montreal

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
Here is the reply tsn2 sent me with regards to me being blacked out in kingston which is part of the regional broadcast area. I have yet to contact my provider today to adress it but hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-06-09-43-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-06-09-43-00.png
    146 KB · Views: 27

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
Here is the reply tsn2 sent me with regards to me being blacked out in kingston which is part of the regional broadcast area. I have yet to contact my provider today to adress it but hopefully this helps.

Well after all this escalating I've done with cogeco they said everything after first 3 games will not be blacked out. Clearly they realized they messed up

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal

all year long
... it's John Bartlett who drives me nuts, cant stand him

really really wish we had Gord Miller or Chris Cuthbert

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Anyone in Montreal with a Bell subscription carrying TSN2 want to trade a receiver with me? I will get Habs games and you can have all the Flames and Oilers games.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I got a chuckle last night when Poulin made fun of one of Bartletts customary over pronunciations of a players name.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'll bet your bills arrived in a timely fashion though. (Obviously never mind if you're paperless)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad