Recalled/Assigned: (UPDATE: Markstrom recalled/Erikkson down)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So we're just going to ride Lack into the ground again? We're not going to give Markstrom another chance before the season ends? Are we still going to hand Markstrom the backup role for next season on a silver platter even if he doesn't play again this season? Cool beans.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
You knew with Willie as coach that Markstrom would never see the ice again after being thrown out there against the Sharks.

We'll probably end up with neither of Lack/Markstrom by this summer. Ryan Miller, goalie of the future! ;)

arsmaster*

Awesome, if anything I hope we either give the kid a start and get him a win, or he gets into a blowout and can improve his numbers that torts saddled him with for 6 goals (5 on the PP) in Anaheim.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If Markstrom doesn't play another game this year does he set an all-time record for worst NHL goaltending stats in a season? He must have above a 20 GAA after getting yanked against the shots and I'm pretty sure his save% was 25%.

For those that don't know, GAA is per 60 minutes so if you get pulled 30 minutes in your GAA effectively doubles.

arsmaster*

You knew with Willie as coach that Markstrom would never see the ice again after being thrown out there against the Sharks.

We'll probably end up with neither of Lack/Markstrom by this summer. Ryan Miller, goalie of the future! ;)

I'm more confident in the mental makeup of Eriksson anyways. It was dumb to put Marky in there against SJ, and it essentially knocked the jenga tower that he had been building all year down in under 10 minutes of NHL game time.

Markstrom strikes me as a guy who is still lamenting goals he gave up at the WJ in 2009/10. He comes across as a very fragile personality.

I personally hope to never see him in our jersey again. If he was a 7th round pick, he'd be back in Sweden already.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I'm more confident in the mental makeup of Eriksson anyways. It was dumb to put Marky in there against SJ, and it essentially knocked the jenga tower that he had been building all year down in under 10 minutes of NHL game time.

Markstrom strikes me as a guy who is still lamenting goals he gave up at the WJ in 2009/10. He comes across as a very fragile personality.

I personally hope to never see him in our jersey again. If he was a 7th round pick, he'd be back in Sweden already.

lol, this is all too ridiculous to parse.

arsmaster*

If Markstrom doesn't play another game this year does he set an all-time record for worst NHL goaltending stats in a season? He must have above a 20 GAA after getting yanked against the shots and I'm pretty sure his save% was 25%.

For those that don't know, GAA is per 60 minutes so if you get pulled 30 minutes in your GAA effectively doubles.

Makes Eriksson's 10.00gaa, and .802 look sterling.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
per botch

@botchford: Markstrom was sent down to Utica to play. Will be back after playing. Ericsson to replace him in Van

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
So we give Markstrom one of the more difficult teams (San Jose) and decide one awful start is enough? I know it's a tight race to make the playoffs, but we could certainly afford trying him out against Toronto, Philly or Columbus.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think Joakim Eriksson is going to play against Flyers.......I believe they draft him and did not sign him to a contract

arsmaster*

lol, this is all too ridiculous to parse.

What's ridiculous - he should not have started in SJ....pretty accurate after watching that debacle.

He's a mental midget - I mean sure, hard to quantify....ridiculous, not so sure. He's been known to be rattled dating back to his junior days.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
why not? When Van sent him down before season began other NHL teams were able to claim him. how is this different?

He cleared waivers back then. He can be recalled and sent back down again without being subject to waivers a second time as long as he doesn't play in 10 NHL games or be up for 30 days. In this case the 30 day rule doesn't apply because it was an emergency call up. Only the 10 games played matter. For goalies it is 10 games played in and not 10 games dressed for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad