Update: Conflicting info on Holland. (He still might return.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How do you keep both? If they are happy with the job Blashill is doing, that’s scary. To me that says the standards in Detroit have fallen way off.

Sigh. I was probably going to focus more on the NFL next year anyways... Go Vikings!

Blash can only work with what he's given. This roster smacks of being a bottom 1/3rd team. And what's the result? A bottom third team.

Lion Man

Jan 21, 2008
Windsor
Yzerman is never coming here but Wings fan will never come to grips with that. Less is more exciting right guys!?
How do you know that? Has he ever said he is not coming here?
Trust me, im saying the same shit to the peoole that are so sure about him coming here next summer.
But, if i were the red wings i wowou definitely try to get him here next summer.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the guy - Holland at least seems to have a clue, and is well respected around the league.

Be wary of who replaces him, and while Blashill has 1 yr left under contract - his incompetence almost guarantees another top 10 pick for the 2019 draft.

Did you have any expectation that the team Holland built for him this year was a playoff team? This team is NOT one Scotty Bowman away from being a playoff team. So I don't see how the Holland kool-aid drinkers can blame Blash for this dumpster fire. This team is a bunch of third liners and bottom pairing defensemen with their best players being guys that would be second liners on playoff teams.

Reactions: odin1981

Lion Man

Jan 21, 2008
Windsor
And here is your answer why Babs ran, Stevie ran, Nill ran, no good players will even talk with us. Hockey town is DEAD!!! This is not a rebuild it is what this team will be. watch all good young kids leave as soon as they can or rot on a **** team. the pizza kids only care about money and the fake ass sell outs at the pizza hut. sad sad day.
All thise guys ran? The hell?? They got the roles they wanted i .other cities. That happens in all organizations in all sports leagues. Up until the last few years holland was still a good GM. What did you want them to do fire him(while he was still effective) to keep nill or steve? What would that say to the players , GMs and coaches in the future about this organization?

Reactions: Pavels Dog

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Not bad news at all. Let him hold the spot for another year until Yzerman has the option to return. If he chooses not to, revisit the coach/GM at that point.

Holland deserves a lot of criticism for how he's handled the past decade or so, but since finally accepting a rebuild at the deadline they seem to be making the right moves.
I actually kind of trust him now that they don't have the asinine goal of trying to squeak into the playoffs.

Biggest decision this offseason is what to do with Mantha/Athanasiou, and personally I hope he ships both off for futures.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Remember when nobody thought Detroit could possibly do worse than Vegas during their expansion year?

I member...

on opening night for the season i posted in the general discussion nightly GDT that there was no way Detroit would be worse than vegas. I thought our D's were going to be equally trash, but at least we had some OK forwards. Boy was i wrong.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Ken Holland deserves to be fired. But let's start to realize that Chris Ilitch is the primary reason the Wings have had the wrong priorities over the last few years.

Fire Chris Ilitch?

Chris Ilitch is obviously a big problem at this point. No other organization would give KH an extension or even consider bringing him back based on his performance the past 5+ years.

Too bad ownership can't be fired. All we can do is hope that the Wings succeed in spite of incompetent ownership and management.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ken Holland deserves to be fired. But let's start to realize that Chris Ilitch is the primary reason the Wings have had the wrong priorities over the last few years.

Fire Chris Ilitch?
I called it at Lidstrom's jersey retirement ceremony.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
And here is your answer why Babs ran, Stevie ran, Nill ran, no good players will even talk with us. Hockey town is DEAD!!! This is not a rebuild it is what this team will be. watch all good young kids leave as soon as they can or rot on a **** team. the pizza kids only care about money and the fake ass sell outs at the pizza hut. sad sad day.
And their precious Detroit Tigers.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I am not sure why any of you are surprised, this was obvious. Exactly what I thought was going to happen.

Reactions: Ezekial

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
All thise guys ran? The hell?? They got the roles they wanted i .other cities. That happens in all organizations in all sports leagues. Up until the last few years holland was still a good GM. What did you want them to do fire him(while he was still effective) to keep nill or steve? What would that say to the players , GMs and coaches in the future about this organization?
Lol miss the point much?? My point was Holland refuses to move on and keeps f***ing the team and the fans in the process!! He has been a train wreck for years now, fire no Mr I asked him to up and he flat out said NO!! But you just proved that point for me thanks. They all knew they would get no where here and ran like hell.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I get the reactions, but let's assume his focus/direction has changed. Going by what he got for Tatar, it may not be so bad. So don't jump, yet. Wait for the draft.

Reactions: BinCookin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad