Update: Conflicting info on Holland. (He still might return.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yup Holland will be our GM and Blashill our coach, get used to it.

Hopefully Jack Hughes will be a tangible goal.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How do you keep both? If they are happy with the job Blashill is doing, that’s scary. To me that says the standards in Detroit have fallen way off.

Sigh. I was probably going to focus more on the NFL next year anyways... Go Vikings!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This smacks of Detroit putting all their eggs in the Yzerman basket. And if I were Stevie Y, I'd give their phone call the same consideration that Stamkos did: NONE.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
With or without a contract? You can be a GM without a contract?
This smacks of Detroit putting all their eggs in the Yzerman basket. And if I were Stevie Y, I'd give their phone call the same consideration that Stamkos did: NONE.

Highly doubtful. If anything, it might be a bridge until the Seattle job is ready.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Everyone has their own motives. If I could work for any organization in the NHL, it would be the Red Wings, because it's the organization I care the most about. I don't care if the team is poor, it would just be where I would want to work. Maybe Yzerman feels something similar, and knowing that Brisebois is due for a jump makes it easier to move out of the way for him to run the team he helped build, while Steve can transition to the job he wants most.

Is that thought mind-numbingly asinine? Absolutely, but who are we to tell a guy how to live his life? But I agree, this feels like the Datsyuk trade where they are positioning to make a run at THE guy, and when they miss, they will settle for something to try to fill the hole that may hurt more than just running course with the safer play.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Yzerman is coming home next offseason. It's pretty obvious at this point.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
With or without a contract? You can be a GM without a contract?
In that case, I hereby name myself general manager of the Detroit Red Wings. Let's get the rest of the HF staff together to form an administration.

And if you can be an owner without a contract as well, I'll nominate you for owner, as long as you fire Holland. ;)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
In that case, I hereby name myself general manager of the Detroit Red Wings. Let's get the rest of the HF staff together to form an administration.

And if you can be an owner without a contract as well, I'll nominate you for owner, as long as you fire Holland. ;)

That’s probably about as effective as when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy.

Reactions: Konnan511

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yup Holland will be our GM and Blashill our coach, get used to it.

Hopefully Jack Hughes will be a tangible goal.
I feel like Blash is 50/50. Which is sad because he definitely bears much less of the fault for the team's performance than Ken Holland and Holland is likely to stay.
Sigh. I was probably going to focus more on the NFL next year anyways... Go Vikings!
Is this a joke? My Minnesota friend is always crying about the Vikings. Actually it's stopped lately. She says she's gotten so used to heartbreak that it no longer hurts. It's more like a dull thud.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How do you keep both? If they are happy with the job Blashill is doing, that’s scary. To me that says the standards in Detroit have fallen way off.

Did you not read the top of the page, you are no longer the Kings of the NFC North, good luck with that.;)

I am not surprised by this. I am not overly upset either. I want to hear the plan though this time and he better start saying rebuild on his clear out day or at least acknowledge it more in the building than he has to date.

Also and I know this will be a storm, but this is the only way they can go get Yzerman for those dreaming of that. I believe he will listen.

If you think the Wings arrived at this position without back-channeling potential options well I have some wonderful land to sell you just south and a little east of me. Jimmy D hinted at this pretty strongly with his comments the other day.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did you not read the top of the page, you are no longer the Kings of the NFC North, good luck with that.;)

I am not surprised by this. I am not overly upset either. I want to hear the plan though this time and he better start saying rebuild on his clear out day or at least acknowledge it more in the building than he has to date.

Also and I know this will be a storm, but this is the only way they can go get Yzerman for those dreaming of that.

I’ll give them this draft to get back on my good side, was not a fan of this last one.

I like what has been done at the trade deadline the last 2 years.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Honestly, I'm not terribly optimistic about the team considering Holland bumbled through the intermediate stage between when we were contenders and now, but he at least has made some prudent moves when it comes to some of our assets recently, so he could very well be on the right path out of the basement. Unfortunately I do not know exactly what his mindset is going to be like if we get Dahlin or if we get a player that Holland thinks is enough for us to declare our rebuild "over", and that lack of a direction as a fan makes me frustrated.

Reactions: Konnan511

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don't mind the moves he's been making recently, but I just don't like the overall direction Holland and Wright are taking this team. The past two drafts have focused WAY too much on grit and character. We already have that, we have the supporting cast. We need elite talent. We need to be taking risks in the later rounds and grabbing high ceiling guys. There's a reason we only have three prospects that look like they may become something substantial, we're drafting for bottom 6 guys. That's not how you build a contender.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
And here is your answer why Babs ran, Stevie ran, Nill ran, no good players will even talk with us. Hockey town is DEAD!!! This is not a rebuild it is what this team will be. watch all good young kids leave as soon as they can or rot on a shit team. the pizza kids only care about money and the fake ass sell outs at the pizza hut. sad sad day.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I feel like Blash is 50/50. Which is sad because he definitely bears much less of the fault for the team's performance than Ken Holland and Holland is likely to stay.
I'm just preparing to hear Ken Holland talk about effort and fighting and how the results may not have been there but they guys were able to look each other in the eyes.

Idk I just tend to hope for the best but brace myself for worst case scenarios when it comes to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad