Up front help and we're set to seriously challenge

drivefor25

Jan 10, 2009
The Habs are contenders to win it all but, in my opinion, they lack punch up front to be considered a top three favorite for the cup.

While their defense has gotten older (and slower) with Gonchar and Allen – I am not convinced that by February or March – that either or both of Tinordi and Beaulieu will be part of the starting line-up after regaining some confidence in Hamilton.
Back to the forwards, we need a jolt up front. In my view – here are assets we can use to improve this.

We have Desharnais, Parenteau, Fucale, Nygren, Pateryn, Thrower, our second pick from Buffalo (for Josh Gorges) that we could dangle to help us up front.
We don’t need superstars – but a couple of solid wingers would really make the difference.

Pac Galchenyuk Gallagher
Perron (Edm) Plek Sekac
Prust Eller Stewart (Buffalo)
Bournival Malhotra Weise

Can we put packages together to receive a Perron and Stewart type players. My thought is Desharnais and Parenteau, for cap reasons, will have to be involved in the trades so will need to add some prospects to make it happen.

Ex:
Desharnais, Pateryn and Fucale for Perron
Parenteau, Nygren and 2nd Round Pick(from Buffalo) for Stewart?

Thoughts?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We need a top 4dman now too. This team is riding on MT's success.

We need a generational talent at center(to replace no-good Desharsnais), a top-6 RW and a top-4 dman. Without these changes we are only depending on MT's success.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
We need a top 4dman now too. This team is riding on MT's success.

We need a generational talent at center(to replace no-good Desharsnais), a top-6 RW and a top-4 dman. Without these changes we are only depending on MT's success.

LOL a professional sports team depending on a coach's success... man you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
-
We should try to get a player with experience. A guy like Daniel Briere maybe. Trade a 1st round choice for him or something...:sarcasm:

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
The Habs are contenders to win it all but, in my opinion, they lack punch up front to be considered a top three favorite for the cup.

While their defense has gotten older (and slower) with Gonchar and Allen – I am not convinced that by February or March – that either or both of Tinordi and Beaulieu will be part of the starting line-up after regaining some confidence in Hamilton.
Back to the forwards, we need a jolt up front. In my view – here are assets we can use to improve this.

We have Desharnais, Parenteau, Fucale, Nygren, Pateryn, Thrower, our second pick from Buffalo (for Josh Gorges) that we could dangle to help us up front.
We don’t need superstars – but a couple of solid wingers would really make the difference.

Pac Galchenyuk Gallagher
Perron (Edm) Plek Sekac
Bournival Malhotra Weise

Can we put packages together to receive a Perron and Stewart type players. My thought is Desharnais and Parenteau, for cap reasons, will have to be involved in the trades so will need to add some prospects to make it happen.

Ex:

Thoughts?

Parenteau: 10 pts, +2, 4M + depth D + 2nd for
Steward: 2 pts, - 12, 3.8M$

Desharnais : 11 pts, +12, 3.5M$ + depth D + top goalie prospect for
Perron: 9 pts, - 9, 4.2M$

How about... No. Is this a joke? Anthing to get rid of Desharnais, right?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Not interested in Perron and Stewart will drag down Eller with his lazyness.

If we can make a push for E. Kane without losing any key peice upfront, we'd be seriously dangerous. The key to our success right now is we're finally rolling 3 lines like we were in the lockout season. This makes us incredibly hard to contain.

The biggest upgrade this team will see if when DD is pushed down the depth chart or sent packing; but I doubt that happens this season. MB is waiting for Galchenyuk to be ready for center and he doesn't believe he's there yet.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Parenteau: 10 pts, +2, 4M + depth D + 2nd for
Steward: 2 pts, - 12, 3.8M$

Desharnais : 11 pts, +12, 3.5M$ + depth D + top goalie prospect for
Perron: 9 pts, - 9, 4.2M$

How about... No. Is this a joke? Anthing to get rid of Desharnais, right?

+\- ????

Lol.

geometrically*

Trade for kane, lose DD, call up mccaron for the playoffs

Patches-Galchenyuk-PAP
Kane-Pleks-Gally
Sekac-Eller-Big Mac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
LOL a professional sports team depending on a coach's success... man you have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm kinda offended but ok. You actually thought I was serious? The coach is part of the team success. Keyword here is team. You can't blame a coach for a team failure and then not credit him for a team success. You should know this.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Pac Galchenyuk Gallagher
Perron (Edm) Plek Sekac
Bournival Malhotra Weise

Ex:

Thoughts?

Save your draft picks. Doubt they are much better than calling up a Hudon about March. Or Sekac may improve enough to move up a line. I think Gallagher be better on third line anyway as he is more of an energy player.

Habs could go with what they have this season....knowing Schebak or MccARRON be here next season. One if not both, should play on top 2 lines.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Just think a little more logical. Stafford for MIN 2nd rounder is what I would do. Or at least try to do.

Habs and Sabres traded this past summer so their is a bit of history there. The 2nd that the Habs got for Gorges gets traded back for Stafford. Keep the top two lines the way that they are. Insert Stafford in the third line with Eller and Sekac. Bump Prust down to the fourth line.

Stafford is a UFA at seasons end. I will assume that the Sabres and Stafford will part ways. Stafford has played there for years and with the full blown rebuild in place he may want out or at least to test free agency. The Sabres may look to trade him as they have done the last few years with their upcoming UFAs. Stafford is a player who is 6-2, 215. He does not play a physical game but is responsible on the ice. He has been in a top six role in Buffalo for years, a softer opposition third line role would be easier on him. He is only 29 years old and with the Habs cutting Moen and Bourque saves the team over five million for next year. He could be re signed and not looked at as strictly a rental.

If Vanek was had last year for a second and Collberg, Moulson was had for two second rounders and Gaborik was had for Frattin, a second and a third I feel that a second round pick would/should be enough. Plus the Habs still have their own second rounder to use to draft with.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Eller-Stafford
Prust-Malholtra-Weise
x-Bournival

That looks pretty solid to me.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Pac Galchenyuk Gallagher
Perron (Edm) Plek Sekac
Bournival Malhotra Weise

Ex:

Thoughts?
I'd rather keep Pateryn, add Beaulieu or Tinordi (not sure which) and get Eberle than Perron.

And the second deal has to be a ****ing joke. I wouldn't even give a 2nd round pick for Stewart, let alone Parenteau and Nygren.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Stafford would be a good option but we would probably lose him next year.
The piece we need up front is likely to cost.
We have some moveable roster parts but with no real value so prospects/picks would have to go.
I think it is simply a matter of waiting out the market.
I'm hoping MB opts for a longer term asset than a just a rental.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Stewart would go on waivers, not get a top 9 forward, a great D prospect and a 2nd.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Stewart is Bourque v2. Wanting him is insanity.

We want a guy with some secondary scoring talents and who doesn't make too many defensive gaffes. Stafford is definitely a good choice. Perron, Moulson, Ryan, Hartnell...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Stewart is Bourque v2. Wanting him is insanity.

We want a guy with some secondary scoring talents and who doesn't make too many defensive gaffes. Stafford is definitely a good choice. Perron, Moulson, Ryan, Hartnell...

Yup. I've been saying this for a while.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Stafford would be a good option but we would probably lose him next year.
The piece we need up front is likely to cost.
We have some moveable roster parts but with no real value so prospects/picks would have to go.
I think it is simply a matter of waiting out the market.
I'm hoping MB opts for a longer term asset than a just a rental.

Perron might be hard to acquire. Stafford won't cost that much, and for the long haul, he has McCarron and Scherbak

Stewart =
DO.
NOT.
NEED.

Or put Weise with the guy he feeds so well:

27-14-15
26-81-11
67-51-22
49-20-8

First PP unit: 27-14-67
2nd unit: best three out of five 15-26-81-11-51

Play 7 Ds while 49 is out.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
We have one established 1st liner in Pacioretty, one potential one in Galchenyuk and a fringe one in Plekanec.

Gallagher is a quality 2nd liner, and Parenteau, Desharnais, Sekac, and Eller are fringe top-6 players.

So I'm not sure we really need a big name forward to take the next step. We are already 6th in 5on5 Goals For. So the overall numbers are a bit deceptive because of how bad the PP has been and that's coaching more so then personnel.

Ideally we'd add another 2nd liner winger, and move Desharnais (Wing or Trade) but it's not like we are missing this huge piece to really take the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad