GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.6 (1.31)

Does Russian machine never break?

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If Brindy can successfully convert either Turbo or Necas to center, he'll do what he did tonight: temporarily put Noesen on the wing (who's had an excellent year offensively). That would make the trade deadline much simpler in that the Canes can then focus on acquiring a big winger with term, of which the options are much more plentiful than at center.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just think switching Turbo or Necas to center is a bold move this far into the season, Cotton. But I'm with you on the acquiring winger part. A winger will almost definitely be easier to acquire and plug into the squad long term.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lol raises hand.

Back to Florida for a few weeks and given todays weather versus south Florida right now it’s a no brainer (only advantage of being old).
Disagree. Here are a few off the top of my head.

1) Retirement - it's not over-rated.
2) At a point in life where you don't care what others think and don't get worked up as much.
3) More disposable income available / fewer costs (for the most part).
4) Less responsibilities.
5) Wisdom and skills attained throughout a lifetime can be applied where you like to apply them.
6) You wake up and can do whatever you want.
7) You essentially have a 7 day weekend.
etc...

There are certainly some physical/health drawbacks, but overall, I'm finding a lot of positives. I've spent more quality time in my woodworking shop the past year than I had been able to do in the past 20 years combined. I also ready a couple books / week, which I never had the time for when I was working and our kids were younger. It's a weekday night and we see a band at a small venue? Let's go, even if it's Tuesday.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

2) At a point in life where you don't care what others think and don't get worked up as much.
5) Wisdom and skills attained throughout a lifetime can be applied where you like to apply them.
etc...

There are certainly some physical/health drawbacks, but overall, I'm finding a lot of positives. I've spent more quality time in my woodworking shop the past year than I had been able to do in the past 20 years combined. I also ready a couple books / week, which I never had the time for when I was working and our kids were younger. It's a weekday night and we see a band at a small venue? Let's go, even if it's Tuesday.
Yup, was being flippant. Very happily retired (agree re: health…need that for a contented life at any age).

Have a great wife, awesome dogs & grandkids.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm intrigued by Rod's willingness to experiment at the center position. Now, he just needs to give in and try Necas there. What harm will it do? He could even flank him and Svechnikov with Teravainen for defense. Stop fighting it.
If they were going to try this, and I don't believe they will this year as there is a steep learning curve, it would make sense to potentially start that up coming out of the ASG break.
NYR,
@ Washington
Montreal,
Stadium Series,
StL,
Ottawa,
Anaheim
@ Vegas
@ Arizona

Not exactly a murderer's row of opponents with a lot of home cooking and plenty of rest between games. Its about as ideal an 'ease into it' situation that you can get in the middle of the season

I don't think we're going to do it, that's a 2023-24 strategy

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

etc...

8) You've acquired enough wrinkles and fat rolls to hide a few spare Cheetos to get you through to second breakfast.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Lol raises hand.

Back to Florida for a few weeks and given todays weather versus south Florida right now it’s a no brainer (only advantage of being old).
I am headed down to FL as well for work for a week. It looks warm but rainy. I have been thinking of going to the Skills Competition at the All-Star game but after the way the whole Necas thing played out, it's hard to give them my $.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City

etc...

Getting up and peeing multiple times a night is one drawback. But it beats not getting up at all.

Since it's been a topic, Medicare is great as well.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Getting up and peeing multiple times a night is one drawback. But it beats not getting up at all.

Since it's been a topic, Medicare is great as well.

How would George W. Bush be remembered 50 years from now? - Quora

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just think switching Turbo or Necas to center is a bold move this far into the season, Cotton. But I'm with you on the acquiring winger part. A winger will almost definitely be easier to acquire and plug into the squad long term.
I'd give TT a fair shot at 2C. No, he hasn't played much center in the NHL, but he's defensively responsible, can win draws and has outstanding vision. He's not exactly thriving on the wing this year, unlike Necas, so a shakeup is worth trying.

It would also allow for a better mix of finesse and physicality on the top two lines and as you stated, acquiring a wing is easier than overpaying for a center. Get a physical wing and bump Noesen back to the 4th line.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

etc...

9) Pick up a few, new bad habits :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad