GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.6 (1.31)

Does Russian machine never break?

• Total voters

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Stepan and Stas played less than 7 minutes tonight. Not a good look for Stas.

Chatfield played over 23 minutes!!
Burns had 25.5 minutes
Skjei had almost 25

I wonder if Brindy will start giving Chatfield Ian Cole-like minutes once Slavin returns. That would be reassuring for the top-4's ability to get proper rest in the regular season.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
My account has been active since 2006.

Yeah I remember all my buddies were playing it in Iraq back then. And I'd get on the radio and be all like "Uh...guys...we have a 33.33 repeating of course..chance of survival on this op" and I'd get the reply "Leeeeeroooooy MMMJenkinnnns!" right before we jumped out the vehicles on the hit. Good times.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Stepan and Stas played less than 7 minutes tonight. Not a good look for Stas.

Chatfield played over 23 minutes!!
Burns had 25.5 minutes
Skjei had almost 25
Chatfield has played phenomenal with Slavin out, dude has got some wheels.
Burns feels like he’s settling in a little more every game. It’s still kind of crazy seeing him in a Canes jersey, he’s always been on of my favorites.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Chatfield has played phenomenal with Slavin out, dude has got some wheels.
Burns feels like he’s settling in a little more every game. It’s still kind of crazy seeing him in a Canes jersey, he’s always been on of my favorites.
I almost think Chatfield was like "f*** it coach, put me in at LD next Burns. f*** it, I'll do it!" Dude has some swag to his game despite primarily being a defensive d-man who occasionally moonlights as a Nic Wallin clutch scoring d-man.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It's crazy, in the arena as soon as we scored to make it 4-2, you could almost feel a belief of 'you know, we are gonna win this f***ing game' take hold.

This team is something else. Aho has broken out of whatever funk he was in earlier. Svech might not be scoring but he's absolutely tilting the ice and setting up multiple goals and chances a game. It's fun to watch

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm intrigued by Rod's willingness to experiment at the center position. Now, he just needs to give in and try Necas there. What harm will it do? He could even flank him and Svechnikov with Teravainen for defense. Stop fighting it.
I'm thinking it will happen eventually. But if you put him at 2nd line center now then who are you promoting to play on his wing? Kotkaniemi is horrible on the wing. Stepan, Stastny and Noesen aren't exactly good options either.

Necas to center would probably have to happen over the summer to give him, Rod and the front office adequate time to prepare for it.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I'm thinking it will happen eventually. But if you put him at 2nd line center now then who are you promoting to play on his wing? Kotkaniemi is horrible on the wing. Stepan, Stastny and Noesen aren't exactly good options either.

Necas to center would probably have to happen over the summer to give him, Rod and the front office adequate time to prepare for it.

Timo Meier.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

If Brindy can successfully convert either Turbo or Necas to center, he'll do what he did tonight: temporarily put Noesen on the wing (who's had an excellent year offensively). That would make the trade deadline much simpler in that the Canes can then focus on acquiring a big winger with term, of which the options are much more plentiful than at center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad