Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bayley is actually the best in ring performer of the 4HW

Edge was the best wwe heel of the last 15 yrs

HBK a B+ player during his last run b4 retirement.

That unpopular one on HBK has rustled my jimmies!

Stole the show at WM24 with a old man who couldn't move. Pure storytelling.

Put on one of the GOAT WWE matches at WM25 against Taker.

Told an amazing story through the Rumble of needing to fight Taker only to (by fingertips) lose his grip and go out. Went on to main event mania in an amazing pt 2 of the Taker/HBK story.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is it unpopular to say Daniel Bryan is legitimately one of the greatest of all time?

The Usos are one of the greatest tag teams in history, although maybe more people came around to that one, I don’t know.

No.. these are not unpopular. People have been saying that about DB as soon as he came to WWE and he solidified his claim after WM30.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No.. these are not unpopular. People have been saying that about DB as soon as he came to WWE and he solidified his claim after WM30.
I personally think this heel run solidified it for him. I’ve never seen someone so universally loved flip the switch so quickly and become universally hated as quick as he did.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Is it unpopular to say Daniel Bryan is legitimately one of the greatest of all time?

The Usos are one of the greatest tag teams in history, although maybe more people came around to that one, I don’t know.

I addressed your second point. This incarnation of the Usos is fantastic. But face painting good guy Usos were one of the most boring teams of that era for me.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I addressed your second point. This incarnation of the Usos is fantastic. But face painting good guy Usos were one of the most boring teams of that era for me.

But like most issues, it wasn't the Usos problem. That was WWE booking them like it was a 90s tag team.

Most issues are WWE's booking fault.

Reactions: BladesofSteel21

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They were but they were still putting on great matches with The Shield, Rhodes Bros, Wyatts.

The heel turn gave them new identity, character and they got to show that they have a super unique promo.

I also think Usos vs. New Day is one of the greatest Hell in a Cell matches of all time.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I personally think this heel run solidified it for him. I’ve never seen someone so universally loved flip the switch so quickly and become universally hated as quick as he did.
I agree with this. Bryan was very, very good pre and post Mania 30. One of the best of the decade. This heel run though is a whole other level considering how beloved he was. After the turn and its success I think he has to be considered one of the best of all time, at least definitely within WWE's history.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Usos were always good, their gimmick change and heel turn was just overdue.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Taker is the last remnant of an era where wrestlers had actual gimmicks beyond more than just a name.

How many other current wrestlers can you think of with "The" at the front of their name, followed by a profession?

Singles wrestlers, that is.....tag teams don't count. :laugh:

I kind of want gimmicks back.

Everyone today just feels the same. They're pretty much all portrayed as regular people that happen to have one or two defining characteristics and a catchphrase. I think you need some level of wrestling ridiculousness.

Reactions: Eisen and kevinsane

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Hasn't Bryan won PWI's yearly award for best technical wrestler so many times that they named the award after him?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Kenny Omega is the best all around performer on the planet.

Kevin Owens is the best all around talent in the company (WWE) right now.

Bobby Lashley was always awful.

Lita & Trish couldn’t hold a candle to half of the current women’s roster.

Ric Flair was insanely overrated as an in ring worker.

Kurt Angle should be a top 3 worker of all time.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

To the first, yes. Bryan's in ring peak is very high and was established before he ever came to WWE. The rare ability to be great as a heel or, even more difficult, as a face. Now that he's one of the best promos in wrestling there's really no doubt. He's an all time total package along the lines of Savage or Jericho.

As for the second... nah. Just fine in ring, nothing noteworthy on promos, suburban gangster gimmick that I find unintentionally funny. I'm not very high on tag team wrestling in general but the Usos scream 5/10 to me.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Hasn't Bryan won PWI's yearly award for best technical wrestler so many times that they named the award after him?

I don't know what you're talking about. Wrestling Observer's Technical Wrestler Award is named after some non-WWE jobber called Bryan Danielson. He probably only fights in the Tokyo Dome. ****** stars.

:sarcasm:

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Taker is the last remnant of an era where wrestlers had actual gimmicks beyond more than just a name.

How many other current wrestlers can you think of with "The" at the front of their name, followed by a profession?

Singles wrestlers, that is.....tag teams don't count. :laugh:

The Architect :sarcasm:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Triple H would have been a main eventer no matter who he married.

He was in the main event before he was married. Would he have been in the main event if he didn't make friends with (and be the lackey of) several big stars in the company? Maybe, or he may not have been able to escape being the Greenwich Snob. Him being a big body guy probably helped in WWF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad