Unpopular opinion: Regular season hockey is better than playoff hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I know this is sacrilegious and there are some thing that playoff hockey is better for. For the most part playoff hockey is more intense and harder hitting. However, I feel like we lost a lot of the creativity from the game because of how tightly the game is played. You rarely get to see the creative plays that you see in the regular season. In the playoffs most goals are garbage goals. Now, that's true of the regular season too, but not to the same extent.

Anyone agree?

PenguinMario

Oct 21, 2011
Los Angeles
GIF-incredulous-say-what-unbelievable-WTF-GIF.gif

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yeah and the bread and butter you get when you sit down at the steakhouse is better than the filet mignon you order

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah and the bread and butter you get when you sit down at the steakhouse is better than the filet mignon you order

I strongly disagree with OP's genuine statement, but I actually agree with your sarcastic statement. There's nothing better than carbs.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I know this is sacrilegious and there are some thing that playoff hockey is better for. For the most part playoff hockey is more intense and harder hitting. However, I feel like we lost a lot of the creativity from the game because of how tightly the game is played. You rarely get to see the creative plays that you see in the regular season. In the playoffs most goals are garbage goals. Now, that's true of the regular season too, but not to the same extent.

Anyone agree?

When a player manages to do something creative, it's that much more special. This is hawkey, not figure skating.

This is why I don't care if the game grows and we get new fans.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Watch McDavid in an hour from now against the Sharks and tell me that with a straight face.

Playoff hockey >>>> regular season. Yeah it gets tight but they is also a ton of hits, shots, and goals. There are a lot of high scoring teams in the playoffs. You will see a lot of fireworks tomorrow.

Safarite

Jan 19, 2016
Even if you think the games themselves are not as "entertaining," shouldn't the fact that every single goal and every single game means something by default make the games more enjoyable? Or at least be more intriguing?

I dunno, I can't get behind this opinion at all. To each their own I guess :laugh:

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
The only people I can see having this opinion are people who only watch games for the fights, or puck bunnies who only watch for certain players.

Sure it's cool that the regular season has scoring titles, but playoff hockey will always be superior.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Playoff OT.

That is really all that needs to be said. No 3-on-3, shootouts, etc. That, in and of itself, invalidates any opinion that says regular season > playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad