GDT: Unofficially Official 19-20 Training Camp Thread

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Day 2 practice stream:

Much better focus on the on-ice action today. Second-half of the video are the Blash and TyBert interviews from yesterday, as well as half of a Hirose interview from today.

Bonus Carley action as well, so I can't complain too much. :laugh:

Last edited:

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Is Svech on the ice today? I heard from fans online that are in TC that he hit a rut on the ice in day 1 and tweek his knee and he did not continue. Have not heard any of the media saying anything about it. Just curious.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I made this comment last year and howled down by the masses.

The guy writes generic sentences that could apply to a general specification. Ends up saying not very much.
it doesnt matter what you think about maliks writing . the important part of his blog is he searches the planet earth for all wings info then centralizes it for us . you can get mail 24/7 with everything redwings mal's digs up . and its not as if hes not also in the know about all kinds of wings goings on . hes not a big city pretty boy media or college boy type . hes a blue collar middle class detroit unpolished type person thats just simply grinding away at providing wing info and i appreciate the heck out of it . when he wasnt working it got REAL WEAK counting on the other redwing media peeps for info .

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
it doesnt matter what you think about maliks writing . the important part of his blog is he searches the planet earth for all wings info then centralizes it for us . you can get mail 24/7 with everything redwings mal's digs up .

This was my point. Jump straight to the defence.

It's nothing every single one of us couldn't find and couldn't know without even watching the practices. Which makes not a recount of the camp, but a check of their status in the org.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
hes not a big city pretty boy media or college boy type . hes a blue collar middle class detroit unpolished type person thats just simply grinding away
Not sure what this comment is about. The guy provides very little commentary on how the players are actually doing versus their status. He doesn't hit the mark of what he's aiming to do or what he should be aiming to do.

Everyone here knows svech needs a big year. Would be interesting to hear how hes going at the TC rather than knowing he needs a big year.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
mal's post 4 'side's' article links :
Four articles spotlighting Moritz Seider

Fellow prospect Taro Hirose has been hanging with Seider.
“He’s an awesome guy, real good character guy,” Hirose said. “I think you can tell he’s going to be an unbelievable player in the league.”
Hirose added: “He has a lot of confidence with the puck and he’s one of those D-men that, as an offensive-minded guy, you want to play with because he’s not just going to be dumping the puck in, he’s going to be making plays and looking for you.”

Oct 18, 2006
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but there’s genuinely no insight here. It’s simply player summaries we already know by having knowledge of these guys. I don’t mind Malik but it’s a total fluff piece.

I mean look at del la Rose’s summary: de la Rose makes moderately large look delicate at times because the 6’3,” 216-pound winger has superb footwork. He’s not overly fast, but he’s maneuverable, and the 24-year-old can bump and grind as well.

Nothing.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but there’s genuinely no insight here. It’s simply player summaries we already know by having knowledge of these guys. I don’t mind Malik but it’s a total fluff piece.

I mean look at del la Rose’s summary: de la Rose makes moderately large look delicate at times because the 6’3,” 216-pound winger has superb footwork. He’s not overly fast, but he’s maneuverable, and the 24-year-old can bump and grind as well.

Nothing.
I wish he'd focus on guys who look different in some way, good or bad, rather than creating this massively long writeup that just restates how each player plays.

Reactions: Filppula

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

Nothing.
good then dont read it. i dont like helen st james so i dont read and i dont whine about people posting links to her reports . mean while i just found out svetch skated today when somebody earlier said he might have been hurt yesterday . and ive been hearing mals talk about erne being a good skater for a big guy , thats of interest to me . but im a hockey fan not a cry baby

Reactions: Reno and Konnan511

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Nothing.

I don't want to pile on. But here's what kills me.
This probably took 90 minutes, at least, to compose.
He could use that 90s minutes to turn his audio files, which I don't listen to, into a story.
Or, he could choose a couple guys and focus on them.
It just seems exhausting for exhausting's sake.

Reactions: Filppula

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Sigh... if this is going to be a "Bash the Blogger" thread, might as well lock it up.

It's not bashing. I sent him $50 by paypal just today. And I encourage anyone who reads his blog to scan the headlines to do the same.
I just think he's up there, he has access... make it work. Do something with it.

Oct 18, 2006
good then dont read it. i dont like helen st james so i dont read and i dont whine about people posting links to her reports . mean while i just found out svetch skated today when somebody earlier said he might have been hurt yesterday . and ive been hearing mals talk about erne being a good skater for a big guy , thats of interest to me . but im a hockey fan not a cry baby
A cry baby because I critiqued his piece? I like Malik, and appreciate what what he does, but I’m simply pointing out that I’d rather he focus on particular players/prospects rather than point out that del la Rose is big and can grind.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
It's not bashing. I sent him $50 by paypal just today. And I encourage anyone who reads his blog to scan the headlines to do the same.
I just think he's up there, he has access... make it work. Do something with it.

I get it, I do; I simply don't want this to be a thread about a blogger, whether their style is anyone's bag of tea or not.

Discuss the information, not the shortcomings - perceived or otherwise - of the person presenting the information. It doesn't matter if it's Malik, HSJ, KHAAAAAAAAN!, or anyone else.

I realize that's not really my choice to make because I'm not a mod, but yeah.

Edit: Unless it's regarding Art's "color commentary." My hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad