Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro) II

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just saw that Chase Wheatcroft signed with Dallas. Really surprised by that considering the depth of their organization right now.

He's had an insane year for Prince George - granted as an overager who's 21 this May.

He went from 38 points last year to 105 points this year. Driving offensive force in PG. He's big (6'2), skates pretty well and definitely drives to the inside. Definitely worth a signing.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Anyone know of anyone undrafted on these teams that could be worth at least an AHL PTO to come join Laval? All 3 Junior leagues are in the final week of their regular seasons.

Most of the crap teams tend to be young, so not valuable in that sense.

That is definitely the case for Spokane. I do like their enforcer Ty Cheveldayoff. Big, 6'3, tough, and isn't a meathead. He plays a smart physical game, and protects his younger teammates.

He's not 20 til May though.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

I wouldn't give this guy a contract for the NHL, but a deal to likely play in the ECHL next season maybe ? Back-to-back 50 point seasons as a d.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Just saw that Chase Wheatcroft signed with Dallas. Really surprised by that considering the depth of their organization right now.

He's had an insane year for Prince George - granted as an overager who's 21 this May.

He went from 38 points last year to 105 points this year. Driving offensive force in PG. He's big (6'2), skates pretty well and definitely drives to the inside. Definitely worth a signing.
who drafts for Dallas? feel like that team has so many good prospects i think it was last year that they had all the top scorers in the CHL

Reactions: jrom and 1909

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Indeed why?

Habs have very few contract slots left and way too many prospects to sign over the next three years. Unless he accept a AHL deal, no reason to sign him just because he's from Montréal and finished his 4 NCAA years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
who drafts for Dallas? feel like that team has so many good prospects i think it was last year that they had all the top scorers in the CHL
Why couldn’t that be the Habs? Free assets with upside — they need to be at the forefront of that and be more proactive. Doesn’t mean they’re not trying but there may be things they could or should be doing to have a fighting chance.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If they are looking for a local kid they should look at Struble's teammate Justin Hryckowian if he is looking to leave NU early. He just turned 22 though but he can stay for 2 more years if he wants but he had a very good year.
He was very decent in the game I saw him play. Not a natural scoring threat despite creating chances for his line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad