montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i could see jimmy schuldt being interested signing with us if he's a good poehling bud, knowing we are short on PMLHD, he could get a real shot.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Schultd seems pretty set on going back for his senior year so I guess Vegas didn't offer him anything good enough to change his plans. We may still have a chance.

Reactions: QuebecPride

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Schultd seems pretty set on going back for his senior year so I guess Vegas didn't offer him anything good enough to change his plans. We may still have a chance.
I agree that we have still have a chance. Schuldt going to Vegas' camp could just be due diligence on his part. You know, see what other options are out there. I doubt he has ruled out any NHL club.

Another potential free agent I would keep an eye on is Max Verroneau in Princeton. Wasn't he on the Habs radar towards the end of the NCAA season. Or at least there were rumors about the Habs being interested.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I agree that we have still have a chance. Schuldt going to Vegas' camp could just be due diligence on his part. You know, see what other options are out there. I doubt he has ruled out any NHL club.

Another potential free agent I would keep an eye on is Max Verroneau in Princeton. Wasn't he on the Habs radar towards the end of the NCAA season. Or at least there were rumors about the Habs being interested.
He's been linked to the Habs but I can't tell if those were solid rumors or not. We talked about that some pages ago , I gave my very limited viewings opinions on the kid.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched the Volts vs Huskies game tonight to see Harvey since I'm hoping the Habs are still interested in him and wanted to see more. He had a good game, although I missed the 1st goal he gave up early in the 1st and it wasn't much of a game as they steamrolled the Vots as Rodrigue wasn't very good although not all were his fault.

RN had some undrafted players that had a good game, Rafael Harvey-Pinard, and Felix Bibeau.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I thought we would be interested in matushkin since he played on the same team as kotkaniemi

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Is that Brett Leason guy anything particular with Fonstad's team? Seems his points total are coming out of nowhere based on his previous seasons. Big guy too at 6'4.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Is that Brett Leason guy anything particular with Fonstad's team? Seems his points total are coming out of nowhere based on his previous seasons. Big guy too at 6'4.

D+2 big guy putting up point is not surprising. Might be worth a watch as a UFA freebie.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
One guy that might be someone to keep an eye on is Hawkey's teammate, Gabe Mollot-Hill. Hawkey will be gone after this season and Providence should be a really strong team as they have a young group unless a few leave early.

haven't seen Notre Dame this year but I saw a lot of them last year. So far it looks like Cale Morris has struggled a bit so far in the first few games after being the top rated goalie in the league. But 2 of his teammates I liked last year, Cal Burke and Dylan Malmquist are off to good starts. Burke is 1 pt back of the league lead.

There's also Cam Lee who we had at last summers development camp that many liked, he's off to a good start with Western Michigan.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Malmquist is an easy UFA signing for me. His production has never been earth shattering with ND but he's solid all around. Real smooth skater to boot. He's not a huge guy but he's not small either so there's no issues there.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Harvey having a good year with Noranda, do the Habs sign him at the end of the season? I assume he wanted an NHL deal but the Habs were only offering an AHL deal as he looked good in camp.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harvey or Harvey Pinard ? The 2 could be interesting

Only Samuel Harvey was at our development camp, so I assume they are interested in him still, we need another goalie for next year since for some reason they opted to trade Hawkey who is one of the best goalies in the NCAA this year so far.

Schuldt is a teammate of poehling maybe we will stand a chance

not a big fan of his but I do think he'll be a good AHLer, I liked Jackson more, he's Poehling's LWer but he hasn't been as good as expected although still early and the points are there but he's got a very good release on his shot but has only 2 goals.

One guy that's really impressed me this year is Grant Jozefek, teammate of Primeau/Harris. He's not big but he's been sniping some nice goals. Leads the team in goals and points, in 10 games he's already tied his career totals in goals. We'll see how the season goes, if he's just on a hot streak or not as he wasn't anything special last year but he had to play behind the best line in the NCAA and now that they are all gone he's getting more time and running with it so far.

And speaking of teammates, there's Jarid Lukosevicius who's a teammate of Stapley's at Denver, he's tied for the team lead in goals and points, was at our development camp over the summer. Not really interested in him since he's going to be 24 in a few months but I assume the Habs are keeping an eye on him.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Schuldt is a teammate of poehling maybe we will stand a chance
Like @montreal , I've never been a huge fan of the guy. He's got a good shot and he can be physical on defense but the rest of his game isn't quite up to par. The AHL is as far as I see him go in pro hockey.

His teammate Nolan Walker might be worth keeping an eye on, he's doing very well as a 20 year old freshman. He's on the small and skinny side though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Like @montreal , I've never been a huge fan of the guy. He's got a good shot and he can be physical on defense but the rest of his game isn't quite up to par. The AHL is as far as I see him go in pro hockey.

His teammate Nolan Walker might be worth keeping an eye on, he's doing very well as a 20 year old freshman. He's on the small and skinny side though.

Walker has been good especially since he was on the 4th line to start the season although I believe he has 1 more draft eligible year since he just turned 20.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I'm starting to think the Habs should take a look at signing Kevin Hancock. I know he's an overager but his play this year is impressive and he has chemistry with Suzuki.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would be nice to sign Brett Leason
18 g and 42 pts in 20 games as a 19 yo
Oh, and he is also a 6'4 center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad