Post-Game Talk: UNDEFEATED!!!! Habs win 3-2

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Best forwards for me were easily Sekac and Thomas. Others had good moments but those two were the best.

Defense played ok but I thought Pateryn looked shaky. Really didn't like his game. Tinordi played better as the game went on and Nygren did alright.

People always talk about Budaj and Tokarski but McDonald shouldn't be totally forgotten in the backup talk. He's probably #3 in the race right now but I don't put Budaj or Tokarski that far ahead.

As for Moen, I agree that he doesn't really have a future with the team. I'm sure MB has tried to trade him but might be a tell sell until teams maybe get some injuries. Moen is waiver wire/13th forward material right now.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I have to say I'm not on the Sorkin bandwagon. He was noticeable because he was all over the place I agree. Decent skater, uses his body well but just not very physical, he didn't get a single hit for that game. The main problem I have with him is every time I saw him get a hold of the puck he would just fumble it somehow at some point. I'm not even sure he's got much of a shot either. He screams AHLer to me and a player you can afford to let go, unless you absolutely want him for your AHL squad.

He has the hot potato syndrome anyhow...

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I thought Tinordi actually was very solid as the game went on, started off slow and his breakout passes were rough at times but he was strong on the boards and was doing a great job clearing the front of the net.

Really impressed with Thomas tonight, hopefully we get to see him with more skilled players next game.

Andrighetto needs to be put back on the wing, definitely looks a lot better there.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I thought Tinordi actually was very solid as the game went on, started off slow and his breakout passes were rough at times but he was strong on the boards and was doing a great job clearing the front of the net.

Really impressed with Thomas tonight, hopefully we get to see him with more skilled players next game.

Andrighetto needs to be put back on the wing, definitely looks a lot better there.

I agree, he didn't look very active as a center at 5 vs 5.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Sekac was the best player IMO. Good hockey IQ and speed. Tinordi looked solid except at the beginning. McCarron is already a favorite of mine, the way he knocked to guy so easily to take the puck from him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Completely agree. IMO Beaulieu has slipped to 3rd in the race.

I'm not sure if it has dawned on Nate yet... :shakehead
He needs to shine and win 6 outright. Hard on the puck responsible in front of his net great/quick puck movement jump and support at the right time. If he doesn't make the fight Tin/Pat/Bou for 7th we could all be wecolming a beaming Cube back to the club on Oct 7th...

If Bollie's natural talent wins out I'm fairly certain we have to go with one of Pat/Tinordi.
Maybe even both if we get the bottleneck up front straightened out.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I really want Tinordi to succeed, but it looks like the game is moving a bit fast for him. No question about his physical tools -- he engages very well when the action comes to him. But when he has to pursue or create the action, he looks tentative. He needs to grow his swagger to match his size.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really want Tinordi to succeed, but it looks like the game is moving a bit fast for him. No question about his physical tools -- he engages very well when the action comes to him. But when he has to pursue or create the action, he looks tentative. He needs to grow his swagger to match his size.

He just has to go back to playing the way he did pre RyJo giveaway...

As much as I believe a certain incident can change the course of a game.
The same can be said for a players career. He needs to forget about it and stop trying to think out there.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He just has to go back to playing the way he did pre RyJo giveaway...

As much as I believe a certain incident can change the course of a game.
The same can be said for a players career. He needs to forget about it and stop trying to think out there.

Yeah, it's amazing how important the mental part of the game is. Confidence gives you control, nervousness strips it away. Tinordi needs to show more than an ability to avoid mistakes; he needs to create space out there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sekac was the best player IMO. Good hockey IQ and speed.

RDS isolated their cams for a couple of Sekac sequences and in them, his puck control and the way he managed the flow of play, was noteworthy. Of course, it was a short sample size and against mostly non-NHL players, let's see what he does against real NHL opposition.

Blood On The Ice

Jul 17, 2007
Montreal
Impressed by Sekac, Scherbak, Pateryn, Thomas and McCarron at some point. Sorkin was all over the place too but I'm not that high on him.

I was let down by Tinordi, De La Rose and Gilbert which I already have a bad feeling about. He looked disinterested, kinda regular season Bourque-like. The guy might wanna prove his value right away since he is new to the team.

My 2 cents : Gilbert won't finish the year as a Habs! But I do hope that I'm 100% wrong and that he will be a force on the PP and a reliable D-Man!

Can't wait to see the DD line against Colorado!!!

Go Habs Go:yo:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My 2 cents : Gilbert won't finish the year as a Habs! But I do hope that I'm 100% wrong and that he will be a force on the PP and a reliable D-Man!

FWIW, Baldy on Melnick's show yesterday, said that Gilbert is inconsistent and will occasionally cough up the puck deep into his zone on some nights and drive you nuts. He says this is why he was available.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
RDS isolated their cams for a couple of Sekac sequences and in them, his puck control and the way he managed the flow of play, was noteworthy. Of course, it was a short sample size and against mostly non-NHL players, let's see what he does against real NHL opposition.

Actually thought it was a perfect 1st sample size.
His line was up against Krejci most of the time.
Other than some of Boston's D most of their kids are all pushing for spots.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
FWIW, Baldy on Melnick's show yesterday, said that Gilbert is inconsistent and will occasionally cough up the puck deep into his zone on some nights and drive you nuts. He says this is why he was available.

His timing was not very good last night. He missed a number of easy outlets and screwed himself into the ice a couple of times. :help: I'm not sure if it was disinterest or what?

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal

Agreed, the sample size is too short but he's showed some great things as of now. What really impressed me is the speed of his execution, it's NHL-ready. And like someone else said, he had the tougher opposition yesterday.

Looks like an other great signing by Bergevin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad