Post-Game Talk: UNDEFEATED!!!! Habs win 3-2

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Just a first game but I thought the young players all had decent games.

I focused on O, so not going to comment on the D.

McCarron: Showed good stuff. For a big guy, his skating is good. He's also decent handling the puck. It shows he has a lot more leg strength this year, looked tough to move and had solid hits. Playing this game he could be a good third liner who can replace on the top 6.

Hudon: Didn't like his game... doesn't look much like a center. Was a puck hog offensively. He needs to distribute the puck much better. Needs development.

Sekac: He should be a good replacement for Gionta. Protects the puck well, agile skating with some speed. Plays a good defensive game. I thought he was complementing Plekanec well. Plays a man's game.

Scherbak: Very intelligent player, reads the play well, is most often at the right spot on the ice. Fast skater, extraordinary passing. While he needs to work on his play in his zone, he covered his teammates a lot of times with good reads which isn't something you see from younger players usually. He already has NHL top-6 offensive skills.

Andrighetto: He is good at handling the puck in tight, but his size will hold him back at the NHL level. He doesn't have the speed to play his game at a higher level.

Thomas: Played a good game, was intense, showed some offensive skills. Unfortunately I don't see him being good enough for a top 6 NHL spot.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Keep in mind thomas saved a goal late in the 3rd period on a bad changeup. What a game for him

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
wot

ByQwqU-IgAE7ohX.jpg

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Bouillon certainly isn't one.

He's a 7th D at this point in his career...and honestly, not a bad one at all, but that will just block the path of the kids.

I'm a bit worried about our top 4 depth once you get past Subban, Markov, and Gilbert...but there's no in house solution there, unless Beaulieu or somebody immediately picks it up, or Emelin improves (I'm not holding my breath). It won't be Bouillon.

You really felt for that jazz?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just a first game but I thought the young players all had decent games.

I focused on O, so not going to comment on the D.

McCarron: Showed good stuff. For a big guy, his skating is good. He's also decent handling the puck. It shows he has a lot more leg strength this year, looked tough to move and had solid hits. Playing this game he could be a good third liner who can replace on the top 6.

Hudon: Didn't like his game... doesn't look much like a center. Was a puck hog offensively. He needs to distribute the puck much better. Needs development.

Sekac: He should be a good replacement for Gionta. Protects the puck well, agile skating with some speed. Plays a good defensive game. I thought he was complementing Plekanec well. Plays a man's game.

Scherbak: Very intelligent player, reads the play well, is most often at the right spot on the ice. Fast skater, extraordinary passing. While he needs to work on his play in his zone, he covered his teammates a lot of times with good reads which isn't something you see from younger players usually. He already has NHL top-6 offensive skills.

Andrighetto: He is good at handling the puck in tight, but his size will hold him back at the NHL level. He doesn't have the speed to play his game at a higher level.

Thomas: Played a good game, was intense, showed some offensive skills. Unfortunately I don't see him being good enough for a top 6 NHL spot.

Pretty bang on, imo.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Am i the only one to think that it's difficult to play a offensive role when you play with Plekanecs?

Pleks needs someone on his line who is better offensively than him. His instincts get exponentially better with a slick player helping him set up. Look at his international play and with Kovalev.

DamianHabs

Aug 11, 2004
Gilbert didnt look much wow but he does have some skills can be useful on pp but ive a feeling its gonna be a long season for him

This is why you're watching the game on your couch. I love fans who morph into scouts and take evaluators. I do like the Habs HF board but there are way way way too many wannabe GGMs on here.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gilbert didnt look much wow but he does have some skills can be useful on pp but ive a feeling its gonna be a long season for him

He will be fine...
Some of his outlet passes were off the mark and he painted himself into a corner on a couple of occasions but all in all pretty good. First time out with Bruins bearing down on you etc...
With the vets timing is crucial give him a couple more starts he'll be GTG for Oct 8th...

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Just got back from the game. Damn McCarron was really throwing them hard out there. I loved his game. It was sad seeing him go down the way he did.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
:handclap:

He's exactly the type of player this team needs. At first I didn't like the pick but he's starting to grow on me. What a beast.

I was going to edit my post to add this one

People are really going to have to keep these pre-season (including last year) performances in mind when they're crapping on him this winter if he struggles again in the OHL. He's built for the pro game. It's that simple. Obviously you want him to be consistent once he graduates to pro hockey, that's the only thing.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Just got back from the game. Damn McCarron was really throwing them hard out there. I loved his game. It was sad seeing him go down the way he did.

His best hits were the one on Krecji and when he collided with Miller, who bounced off of him like he hit a dump truck and bowled over his own goalie.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I was going to edit my post to add this one

People are really going to have to keep these pre-season (including last year) performances in mind when they're crapping on him this winter if he struggles again in the OHL. He's built for the pro game. It's that simple. Obviously you want him to be consistent once he graduates to pro hockey, that's the only thing.

Yeah he should be in Hamilton IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad