Unbelievable goal by Mikael Granlund

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

50/50. He doesn't really have the speed for the NHL and looks like he might get in trouble with his classless acts, but who knows.

The NHL already has Subban. They don't need two of those.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Is he expected to play for the Wild next season?
He's coming over but doesn't have a spot guaranteed.

EDIT: Or possibly not. From our beat writer:

But Fletcher plans a follow-up phone call to Granlund and his agent soon to “map out a plan that makes sense.”

“We’re in no rush to bring him over here, but ultimately, it’s what he feels he needs,” Fletcher said. “I have no doubt he’ll be a real good player, but he’s going to have a huge say in the process. If he wants to stay [in Finland], that’s what we’ll support. If he wants to try and come over [to North America], that’s great, too.”

Despite the fact that the Michigan itself was pulled in a game? ;)

This one is actually a bit different in that he didn't cup the puck with his forehand closed on top of the puck like players normally do. I think it's actually easier to do it that way than the way he did (unless the puck is on edge a tiny bit).

Great goal, though. Especially since he did it so quickly after making a move around a defenseman.
That game never happened...thanks repressed memory.

Last edited:

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country
50/50. He doesn't really have the speed for the NHL and looks like he might get in trouble with his classless acts, but who knows.

Us Wild fans are used to watching Brunette, we might hurt our necks if Granlund was a true speedster :D We'll take him as he is.

I R Baboon

Feb 23, 2010
It's pretty obvious that his head and hands are top TOP class but is his size/strenght/physical stuff really that much of a problem as some people seem to think? I've barely seen him play but from the little I have seen it seems like he's one of those players that will overcome any weaknesses he has pretty easily because of general superiority in other areas.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
stamkos.jpg

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Granlund with nice saucer pass assist.

I wanna run around screaming like a little girl who just saw Bieber. Ive never been so excited about a Wild prospect.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
It's pretty obvious that his head and hands are top TOP class but is his size/strenght/physical stuff really that much of a problem as some people seem to think? I've barely seen him play but from the little I have seen it seems like he's one of those players that will overcome any weaknesses he has pretty easily because of general superiority in other areas.
He is still young and will beef up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why isn't something like this tried more often? Coming around the corner Goalies always tend to go down and hug the post...but a move like that should work fairly often if done properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad