Unbelievable goal by Mikael Granlund

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
If Mats Näslund could survive and do well in the NHL, so can Granlund.

Oh, let us europeans know when Don C. has passed verdict on this and Granlund in general, will you? I have no doubt it'll be most favourable. Bwahaha.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
If Mats Näslund could survive and do well in the NHL, so can Granlund.

Oh, let us europeans know when Don C. has passed verdict on this and Granlund in general, will you? I have no doubt it'll be most favourable. Bwahaha.

The Donster ain't so bad. He once even complimented Olli Jokinen, he said Jokinen is his favorite Russian.

templar40k

Jun 30, 2009
I don't see why anyone has a problem with the goal but I also don't understand everyone utter amazement at the goal either. It was definitely a great goal, but after seeing the lacrosse style goal a couple of times it just feels "meh, seen it before" plus I feel like it is pretty gimmicky to begin with. It certainly is cool that he was able to do it at such a high level of competition though.

hyperion

Feb 20, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Well, in a game against more skilled competition. :laugh:

Err.. what? Did you notice the goal was scored in a semifinal (=important game, not a random meaningless regular season game, compare it to a game seven) against Russia beefed up by Alexander Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuck and Nikolai Kulyemin and such a bunch of skilled KHL'ers that they were able to beat the Canadian team, which had the composition of pretty average NHL team (starring Tavares, Duchene, Nash, Spezza, Skinner, Burns...), in a quarterfinal (another game seven comparabale)?

I'd say the "playoffs" in the World Championships are at least comparable to regular season NHL games in skill level, at least with those early in the season.

Of course it can be that the move wouldn't work in the NHL, but only because of space and time limitations. Then again, Crosby has scored Michigans in junior leagues in North American rinks...

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don't see why anyone has a problem with the goal but I also don't understand everyone utter amazement at the goal either. It was definitely a great goal, but after seeing the lacrosse style goal a couple of times it just feels "meh, seen it before" plus I feel like it is pretty gimmicky to begin with. It certainly is cool that he was able to do it at such a high level of competition though.

Well the goal was super but they are amazed of Granlund. Even without this goal he's been having a sick tournament. MVP of Finland and before the tournament it was even questionable for our head coach if they are going to take Granlund in to the team. Well here's his answer.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Now you can learn it too!

ilmaveivigraffa1305MT_jm.gif

Amazing goal. I was expecting that Lajunen would try that at some point but Mikke surprised me (and everyone else too).

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu

Are you serious? It has never been scored at this level and it's not an easy move to pull at almost any level. Granlund's gotta have balls of steel to even try that one. Unbeliveable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->