UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Apparently he left with a knee injury in the 1st. Coaching staff told me they saw him leave early in the game. Someone else told me they saw him favoring his knee after the game.
I was at the game and didn't notice him leave. Only sometime in the 2nd did I wonder where Hall was. Shame on me (or the beer).

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Just don't ask me about our injuries, I don't have enough time to list them before my bed time...
Have it on good authority that he banged his leg up and decided to not go back out to not make it any worse. Bigger games ahead!

Reactions: Rob

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Two full minutes on a 5-3 and nothing to show was the difference. You have to make them pay in that situation.

Plus, Gardiner prides himself on having a strong 5-on-5 team and winning the 5-on-5 part of the game is their 'real' key to success and that didn't happen either.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Acadia plays a heavy, grinding game against UNB. They clog up the neutral zone and count on Flodell to make the first stop, and then flood the zone in front of him so that the Reds can't get to rebounds. Same system used to work for StFX against UNB.

Coming off a very different series against Moncton, who skated with UNB, I believe some of the Reds players redeveloped some bad habits, like Conner Hall's untimely pinch which led to the first Acadia goal. Acadia's PK is very different from UdeM's, and it certainly looked like UNB was overthinking their PP as a result, especially on the 5 on 3.

Better for UNB that they learn from this, and current players are prepared for this style of game at the UCup. Reds seem to struggle on the big ice in Wolfville, so it will be interesting to see how Game 2 goes.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Geez, you guys are a bunch of Debbie Downers. The next UNB win you'll be all about how great it was and they are the best team ever, etc. Just enjoy the game. Give credit to ACA for coming up with a game plan to slow UNB down, clog things up. Do you really think they want to play pond hockey against UNB? smh

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
See you all Friday at the Aitken Centre. Our Reds will get it done tonight in Wolfville...lessons learned Monday night.

They have to get Flodell moving in the crease...more of this and we'll be fine no matter what man count we are playing at!

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Do you know something I don’t? Pretty sure everyone is healthy, or are you referring to the PP and PK?
Yes was referring to PP and PK. McEwan in and Hawerchuk out last night (healthy scratch)...going to be at least one other change for Friday night too. Rassell has to travel out of province for family matter.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Yes was referring to PP and PK. McEwan in and Hawerchuk out last night (healthy scratch)...going to be at least one other change for Friday night too. Rassell has to travel out of province for family matter.
:

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I’ve noticed LeBlanc hasn’t been playing quite as much since his injury...wonder if he still isn’t quite right.

EDIT - He was also on the receiving end of that high stick/cross check to the head by Digiacinto by the bench in the first game.

Last edited:

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I’ve noticed LeBlanc hasn’t been playing quite as much since his injury...wonder if he still isn’t quite right.

EDIT - He was also on the receiving end of that high stick/cross check to the head by Digiacinto by the bench in the first game.
Seemed like he might have been limping last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad