UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Good question. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just a healthy scratch.

I don’t know...I thought he was playing really well before being out of the lineup these last 3 games. I would definitely have him in over Watling at this point. That’s what led me to think he might be injured.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Goulet has been getting more games lately. My guess is that Gardiner wanted to give Watling some playing time to keep him fresh. My hunch is that Watling is behind Goulet on the depth chart. As for Cooper, Gardiner seems to be showing his veterans loyalty by dressing them most every game.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Goulet has been getting more games lately. My guess is that Gardiner wanted to give Watling some playing time to keep him fresh. My hunch is that Watling is behind Goulet on the depth chart. As for Cooper, Gardiner seems to be showing his veterans loyalty by dressing them most every game.
I must say that I am surprised that Goulet, with his skillset is sitting period?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Me too...I would have him in there over either Watling or Cooper. I thought he and Rassell were starting to look really good together...and he can kill penalties/play in the bottom 6 so it’s not like a Trainor situation where he has to be in a scoring role.

If everyone is healthy my scratches for the playoffs would be Carroll/Watling/Cooper.

EDIT-

Go with a forward group that looks like this...although I’m not exactly sure on LW/RW so some of these guys might be out of position.

Clapperton-Boland-Brace
Bennett-Simpson-Boucher
Rassell-Goulet-Anderson
Boudens-SDM-McEwan

Maybe switch Brace/Anderson if they want to reunite Anderson with Boland and Clapperton.

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I was surprised to see UNB’s regular season record against X over the last 10-11 years. I suppose we mainly remember the playoffs/UCup and that has been a bit different story.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Me too...I would have him in there over either Watling or Cooper. I thought he and Rassell were starting to look really good together...and he can kill penalties/play in the bottom 6 so it’s not like a Trainor situation where he has to be in a scoring role.

If everyone is healthy my scratches for the playoffs would be Carroll/Watling/Cooper.

EDIT-

Go with a forward group that looks like this...although I’m not exactly sure on LW/RW so some of these guys might be out of position.

Clapperton-Boland-Brace
Bennett-Simpson-Boucher
Rassell-Goulet-Anderson
Boudens-SDM-McEwan

Maybe switch Brace/Anderson if they want to reunite Anderson with Boland and Clapperton.
IMO, sitting Goulet, who can be a difference maker for Cooper is a mistake. Too skilled to be in the stands.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada

EDIT-

Clapperton-Boland-Brace
Bennett-Simpson-Boucher
Rassell-Goulet-Anderson
Boudens-SDM-McEwan

Anderson would add some grit to the Clapperton line.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
IMO, sitting Goulet, who can be a difference maker for Cooper is a mistake. Too skilled to be in the stands.
Yeah , I have always kinda wondered what Cooper is really bringing to the table to be in the lineup every night, but in the same breath it's hard to question G-Mac....

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
From UNB’s perspective, I’d say you’d want to see UPEI in the semis, no?

I definitely think they would rather play Moncton. Montpetite is the best goaltender in the AUS but he can't save them in a five game series against the Reds. Plus, the Panthers are a far more physical team that is more likely to cause injuries. Les Aigles are more about speed. Which plays into the Reds hands as they are just much better at it.

ZAMMMMM517

Dec 30, 2018
Well, after inquiries to all of coaching staff and media about the DOC decal, I received 1 reply 3 weeks ago saying they were looking into it, I guessing that was to get me off their case. NO REPLY Seems a bit unprofessional but oh well, I know its minor stuff to them. Still find it hard to believe know one at the entire program knows who made or how it ended up on the teams helmet. Guess it will give us more to talk about when we bowl with Maillet next Tuesday. Thanks to all those who tried to help out...TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad