UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I almost expected this score during the first game. Knew they had STFX's number but didn't think it would be this big a blowout.
Good thing about the team is they shouldn't be too tired for tomorrow's game. Barring going into overtime I don't think fatigue will be a factor.

Reactions: Fan of the Vreds

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
I wonder if Chris Clapperton was still hurting from his injury in the AUS final. He didn't seem to be quite himself over the weekend

Reactions: FreddtFoyle

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Probably the most skilled offensive UNB team in history.
That's a hard one, thinking the year with Maillet, Braes, Murray was a pretty offensively gifted team. Only reason I would say that team perhaps is because of the offensive threat from the D. This years D is very solid, but as much as an offensive threat. I think that it's a topic that can be debated and never have an agreement.
One thing that I liked was, FINALLY some recognition for the goaltending, for the past how many years, UNB goaltending has been trashed? Finally, some talk on how UNB might have won this championship because of goaltending!

Reactions: Rob and FreddtFoyle

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
I've been covering or working in CIS/USports hockey for over 15 years now, and I have finally come up with an area where UNB consistently and unquestionably falls short:

Their uniforms.

The weird bib design is just atrocious! Slightly improved this year with the new logo, but, my word, is the striping pattern terrible. IMO, the whites are one of the worst looks in the country. At least it's not chased by the serif number font of years past.

The new UNB women's team uniforms are leaps and bounds better, with one big asterisk: the team is called the Reds, but the women's team has no red uniforms!?! Yikes! If the men's club adopted the women's whites, and modified the women's blacks to use red as a base colour, they'd finally have a look befitting of their record and on-ice acumen.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
When the new uniforms came out one of the things most us agreed on here was the striping didn’t look great...as well as the new logo.

The men have a red version of the white ones they wore this weekend, but they don’t wear them a ton.

I love that they wore their “retro” Red Devils jerseys against Alberta. I thought they might go with their alternate ones, with New Brunswick written across the front, like they did in Halifax against St. FX.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Yes, the red version of the men's unis are better than the white, but still has that bad bib striping. The red devil version they wore yesterday are by far their best of the three looks.

By the way, UNB isn't the only bib striping offender in the country (looking at you, Moncton!) But the Reds have - by far - the biggest disparity between success and appearance :)

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
I wish the Black Third Jerseys were their regular road jerseys and they had a home White Version.

I will never get used to that "R" a Black R at that!

That Red Devils Logo should be the permanent Jersey Logo for Hockey and use that R for the Shoulder Logo.

Better Yet (will never happen) Name the entire Varsity Program all sports, mens and womens teams the "Red Devils" a la Duke Blue Devils

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Not a CHL expert by any means but the pickings are slim for overage goaltenders. Especially when you consider some will get pro offers. Like Samuel Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad