UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAMMMMM517

Dec 30, 2018
I reached out to the coaching staff - I should have an answer today sometime.

I believe it's an abbreviation of their motto for the tournament.
no luck on a reply? I corresponded with hennigar once in the past...but no reply this time..let me know if you get anything...thanks again

ZAMMMMM517

Dec 30, 2018
If you don't hear back, I can reach out to a couple to find out. Are you just looking for a pic or an actual sticker?
either will work... sticker would be ideal...but a pic will work... been through a lot of pics on all social media and team websites... no luck finding a good view. ty for any help

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I believe this is the earliest that UNB has locked up first placed since the 2010 season.
Now it is just a question of staying motivated and avoiding injuries.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
either will work... sticker would be ideal...but a pic will work... been through a lot of pics on all social media and team websites... no luck finding a good view. ty for any help

What are you looking for? I've seen several comments here and can't figure it out. If it's something from the coaching staff I can ask Gards or Hennie when UNB plays Dal on Friday. Can you pm me with a description of what you need.

ZAMMMMM517

Dec 30, 2018
AUS fan thanks for replying...im trying to make a replica helmet for my daughter...im looking a good pic or decal itself, of the decal behind the right ear of the player on the left in this pic...looks like big 5 followed by a c....ty
logo right ear  5c.jpg

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
ZAMMMMM517, here is an answer for you.....

Decal was for Dr Steve Smith memorial. I've asked around but there are no more decals or a good image of the decal. That's a starting point for you, anyway. Hopefully it will lead you somewhere.

Last edited:

ZAMMMMM517

Dec 30, 2018
ZAMMMMM517, here is an answer for you.....

Decal was for Dr Steve Smith memorial. I've asked around but there are no more decals or a good image of the decal. That's a starting point for you, anyway. Hopefully it will lead you somewhere.
APPRECIATE the info...definitely a starting point... dug around for about an hours with no luck yet. think it would be easy with all the photos out there.. ill keep digging.. thanks for the help

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I thought it was a clean hit to the chest and he had the wind, **** and kitchen sink knocked out of him. He was rattled for sure - a big hit to the sternum will do that.

I concur with Drummer. It was a "big boy" open-ice hit. DePerna got all of him - probably the best big hit I've witnessed this season.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
APPRECIATE the info...definitely a starting point... dug around for about an hours with no luck yet. think it would be easy with all the photos out there.. ill keep digging.. thanks for the help

Correct - it's a memorial sticker for Dr. Smith. It was used for the remainder of that season alone. I'm trying to track down the artwork. I reached out to Brian Smith, team photographer. He replied that he did not create the logo. I'll keep looking.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Correct - it's a memorial sticker for Dr. Smith. It was used for the remainder of that season alone. I'm trying to track down the artwork. I reached out to Brian Smith, team photographer. He replied that he did not create the logo. I'll keep looking.
I am not sure who does their printing anymore, Valley Graphics maybe? If you can find who is doing their printing, might be able to get them a sticker.

ZAMMMMM517

Dec 30, 2018
Tyvm Drummer and ProV ..Starting to close in on it lol...found a few better views but nothing with good detail....Reached out to Valley Graphic as they may have done the printing...no reply yet , closed weekends so maybe Monday...thanks for your help... if you hear anymore let me know ty

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
This is before my time. Anyone else know about the Labatts Cup?
A little research tells me this was during the 84-85 season.

Rob - it was the title for the winner of the 'Battle of the Hill' for a few seasons. There have been a number of different brand titles for the 'battle'. It fell out of favour when the school's went in a no alcohol/no drinking direction in the late 80s. I believe the last variant was the 'Presidents Cup' which was awarded to the winner of the first meeting of the season ('04 to '09).

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Does anyone know if it is in anyway possible to acquire the video or a digital file of the televised games from either the 2007 or 2004 nationals? I would be willing to pay for it. Or even at this point any video from 2003-2007 ish. As random as this may be , I was a elementary and middle school student at this point , and UNB hockey became a huge part of my life, and the players of this era were my childhood hockey hero's and at this point they are all but a distant memory to me and it would be really cool to be able to watch them play as an adult.

STUTOMMIES

Jul 23, 2008
Fredericton
I recorded the 2004 game on VHS of the Alberta vs. UNB game that was on TSN....one of the best hockey games - if not the best game- I have ever seen. I gave it to a Squirrel friend of mine and I believe he still has it. I am sure if you were willing to get it transferred to digital and give him a copy he would let you borrow it. Let me know.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I recorded the 2004 game on VHS of the Alberta vs. UNB game that was on TSN....one of the best hockey games - if not the best game- I have ever seen. I gave it to a Squirrel friend of mine and I believe he still has it. I am sure if you were willing to get it transferred to digital and give him a copy he would let you borrow it. Let me know.

The Media Lab in Marshall d'Avray Hall at UNB has the equipment to convert VHS tape to digital - they will show you how to do it yourself. Essentially you "play" the tape to a digital recorder, so it does take time. The upshot is that you can remove all of the commercials manually. You do need to be a UNB student, staff or faculty to access the Media Lab services.

I don't believe I have that UNB-Alberta game, but I may have some of the others. I know I worked with Drummer to convert some stuff to DVD.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Does anyone know if it is in anyway possible to acquire the video or a digital file of the televised games from either the 2007 or 2004 nationals? I would be willing to pay for it. Or even at this point any video from 2003-2007 ish. As random as this may be , I was a elementary and middle school student at this point , and UNB hockey became a huge part of my life, and the players of this era were my childhood hockey hero's and at this point they are all but a distant memory to me and it would be really cool to be able to watch them play as an adult.

I was looking for the same games a number of years ago. I sent a message to the Athletics department and they put me in contact with someone who was able to get me a copy of the 2004 Alberta game and 2007 Moncton game. I believe there was a small charge ($10-$20)....I can’t remember if that was for each or just the Alberta game since, as mentioned, it needed to be converted from a VHS to DVD.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Yes I would be very interested !!

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Whatever anyone has message me and let me know, I would pay , or give you a digital copy should they need converted or whatever !! Thanks sofor mmuch guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad