GDT: UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Poirier after he beats Conor. Again.

I don't think this be should the title fight tonight, and they should have waited.

Chandler should have fought once more against a top 5/10 opponent (Justin). If he had won that, then he gets the title shot.

Anyway, my whole argument started with I think Oliveira is far more deserving of the title fight tonight.

If Poirier wants to give up that shot to fight McGregor again that’s on him. You’d end up not having a title fight in this division until like November.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Everyone seems to think Jacare is toast but I think he coasts here. He’s seemingly better than Muniz everywhere

I’ve got Jacare here. He should be better every where, but the only problem is his chin is probably gone.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I’ve never practiced BJJ so someone correct me if I’m wrong but it seemed like Muniz didn’t try to submit him he just suddenly snapped his arm. With most arm bars the guy will try to make him tap before breaking the arms but this one seemed like he just right away snapped his arm

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’ve never practiced BJJ so someone correct me if I’m wrong but it seemed like Muniz didn’t try to submit him he just suddenly snapped his arm. With most arm bars the guy will try to make him tap before breaking the arms but this one seemed like he just right away snapped his arm

Ya was just unlucky. Full body weight on an extended arm will snap it

Reactions: m9

member 51464

Oliveira beat a bunch of nobody's and then dodged every fight until he got a title fight.
Who did Oliveira dodge? I am pretty sure he did what every contender does and said he wanted to fight for the belt next after an impressive win.

Maybe I am forgetting something. Was he actually offered a fight beyond just talk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad