GDT: UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think if anyone is going to bring Khabib out of retirement it's going to be Oliveira, especially if he gets some crazy sub on Chandler this weekend.
I agree Charlie Olive is more likely than anyone else at LW, but even then, I think he'd have to string together some title defenses to even pique Khabib's interest.

Reactions: VanillaCoke and m9

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I think if anyone is going to bring Khabib out of retirement it's going to be Oliveira, especially if he gets some crazy sub on Chandler this weekend.

I think Khabib is rather content with being retired, even though he's in his prime I don't think he wants to stay fighting for long and risk his record. Also fighting for the belt would make the division complicated and I don't think he's interested in doing that giving his buddy Islam is gunning for it now.

One fight deal to make it 30-0 I think would be more than enough for him to retire happy, and what better way than to end it with a Tony Ferguson fight (Granted Tony wins this weekend).

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Khabib is rather content with being retired, even though he's in his prime I don't think he wants to stay fighting for long and risk his record. Also fighting for the belt would make the division complicated and I don't think he's interested in doing that giving his buddy Islam is gunning for it now.

One fight deal to make it 30-0 I think would be more than enough for him to retire happy, and what better way than to end it with a Tony Ferguson fight (Granted Tony wins this weekend).

So Khabib is coming back for a non-title fight vs Tony Ferguson?

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
So Khabib is coming back for a non-title fight vs Tony Ferguson?

If Tony wins in an impressive fashion and calls out Khabib hard, I would not be surprised if it's one fight to make it 30-0. I don't think Khabib has any intentions of fighting long term nor do I think he wants to to complicate things for Islam. Tony would be an easy fight for him at this stage of his career.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If Tony wins in an impressive fashion and calls out Khabib hard, I would not be surprised if it's one fight to make it 30-0. I don't think Khabib has any intentions of fighting long term nor do I think he wants to to complicate things for Islam. Tony would be an easy fight for him at this stage of his career.

There is zero chance of this happening.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Realistically, if Khabib comes back it needs to be at 170. He has nothing left to prove at 155 and his fights are honestly not that intriguing because he's just way too dominant.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Both Ali guys

also Khabib is done, he’s been different his entire career and I don’t think he’s starting now. I think he means it when he says he’s done, unlike everybody else

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ali guys has nothing to do with it. Justin Gaethje is an Ali guy too and he fought Khabib.

title fight is a little different, and I definitely don’t see Dana letting Khabib pull a GSP and fight for a belt only to retire immediately

But again I think this entire discussion is pretty pointless as he’s not coming back. I’m not sure how much more forceful he can be when he says that. Money is unimportant to him and he has a lot of it. He’s doing this for his mom because his dad died. Hate to break it to everybody but his dad ain’t coming back so neither is he. There’s really no difference between 30-0 and 29-0 when it comes to his legacy. It’s just a more even number. Him making Oliveira or Chandler look like a scrub for an extra win just confirms even further what we already know

Reactions: m9

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Tony either on fire at the press conference or off the rails :laugh:

It's just Tony being Tony, I did think Dariush looked uncomfortable at that stage and seems like he's not used to being in the highlight. I really hope someone with more experience on his team talks to him about it and makes sure he's ready for the fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tony either on fire at the press conference or off the rails :laugh:

I saw that lunatic speak and it’s the same tony so I bet on him +150 lol

Dariush needed a second attempt to make weight but did it. Bontorin missed by a pound, which is understandable given him filling in on a weeks notice

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event is so tough to predict so I'm not even going to try. I'd guess Chandler will want to keep it standing and he should have the power advantage but Oliveira has some legit striking skills as well. He'll also have a reach advantage but Chandler is probably used to that. I think this is going to be a great fight no matter where it goes or who ends up winning.

I like Dariush's chances against Ferguson. He has looked good recently, against lesser competition, and I haven't liked what I've seen from Ferguson. He has lost to some really good fighters but at some point the age, injuries, and damage are going to catch up, especially in the lighter weight classes, and it seems like we're at that point with Ferguson. It wouldn't be shocking to see Ferguson get it done but I think he loses another decision.

Burgos vs. Barboza should be a fun one.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
My guess is Chandler wins by KO or TKO. But I’d like to see Do Bronx win just to see if he’d call out Khabib, best wrestler vs best BJJ in the sport.

Yes I know Khabib is retired but one can dream

Reactions: member 51464

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Least they can do. Often times whoever gets fight of the night left a piece of themselves in there

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
MMA has been pretty difficult this year but this card feels good so let’s try again :naughty:

Giagos
Lutz
Cachoeira but pass
Pickett/Wright someone dies
Lee but pass
Grundy
Jacare
Bontorin
Burgos
Chook/Araujo o2.5
Dariush
Chandler / u2.5

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I think Chandler's power will be a little too much for Oliveria, but I'm not confident enough to bet on that one lol.

Not sure what to make of Tony and this point, but I'm leaning towards Dariush especially since it's a 3 round fight.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think Chandler's power will be a little too much for Oliveria, but I'm not confident enough to bet on that one lol.

Not sure what to make of Tony and this point, but I'm leaning towards Dariush especially since it's a 3 round fight.

I’d feel confident enough to bet it tbh. Ya Oliveira has had some good wins lately but the guy will still wilt imo. Chandler has more than enough to KO him and do it early. The think it could very realistically happen in Rd. 1.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4