PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Flyweight bout: Gina Mazany vs. Priscila Cachoeira
Featherweight bout: Kevin Aguilar vs. Tucker Lutz
Lightweight bout: Christos Giagos vs. Sean Soriano​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
With all the hits on this one, it looks more like an awesome ESPN card than a big PPV. I do think it will be filled with action and has 'card of the year' potential as long as Chookagian/Araujo doesn't suck the life out of the main card.

Lots of even fights here that I don't have a good read on - most of the big fights could really go either way.

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
What a difference a year makes!

Just over a year ago a lot of people still wanted to see Ferguson vs. Khabib. Now people are wondering if he can beat Dariush!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Even though I think he will lose, I'm rooting for Oliveira.

Don't like Chandler and he has the aura of short man complex jock from High School. Plus I think it is bullshit he is already getting the title fight.

Reactions: Zeppo

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Very excited for this. Like both Oliveira and Chandler a lot and while I know a lot of people don’t like this as the title fight it was actually my hope all along, never imagined it would actually happen though. Have Chandler winning by TKO in the 4th round.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've talked so much shit about Oliveira and he's made me eat some crow, so I'm hesitant to keep picking against him, but....I got Chandler by R1 KO. I think Oliveira will struggle to get him down and while he has good striking of his own, I think Chandler will start fast, overwhelm him, and if he was able to do that to Hooker, I think he will do something similar to Charlie Olive. But it's an interesting matchup. Both are good on the feet in different ways and both are good on the ground in different ways. No result would really surprise me.

Tony-Dariush is a tough one to predict. Hard to know where Tony is after getting his ass kicked 2 fights in a row, but both can get reckless at times. So another one where no result would surprise me. I'm kind of rooting for Tony because I think if he gets back on track there would still be some fun fights for him. Nothing against Dariush, but I think he's just near his limit.

Kind of a weird card. Some potential for great fights and some close matchups on paper, but nothing I'm really dying to see and none where I have a strong rooting interest.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I've talked so much shit about Oliveira and he's made me eat some crow, so I'm hesitant to keep picking against him, but....I got Chandler by R1 KO. I think Oliveira will struggle to get him down and while he has good striking of his own, I think Chandler will start fast, overwhelm him, and if he was able to do that to Hooker, I think he will do something similar to Charlie Olive. But it's an interesting matchup. Both are good on the feet in different ways and both are good on the ground in different ways. No result would really surprise me.

Tony-Dariush is a tough one to predict. Hard to know where Tony is after getting his ass kicked 2 fights in a row, but both can get reckless at times. So another one where no result would surprise me. I'm kind of rooting for Tony because I think if he gets back on track there would still be some fun fights for him. Nothing against Dariush, but I think he's just near his limit.

Kind of a weird card. Some potential for great fights and some close matchups on paper, but nothing I'm really dying to see and none where I have a strong rooting interest.

I like Chandler by KO but the odds suck, they were only +200 yesterday. I don't even know if Chandler overwhelmed Hooker, kind of chased him around until he caught him. He didn't even throw that many strikes.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I like Chandler by KO but the odds suck, they were only +200 yesterday. I don't even know if Chandler overwhelmed Hooker, kind of chased him around until he caught him. He didn't even throw that many strikes.
Yeah, I didn't word that well. I meant more the one shot that dropped Hooker. Hooker went to war with Poirier for 5 rounds and gets dropped by Chandler with the first clean shot. If Hooker lands a good shot, I think it puts Oliveira out.

But how Oliveira handles that pressure will be a factor. Hooker was never really able to get into that fight because he was constantly circling away from Chandler.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Just over a year ago a lot of people still wanted to see Ferguson vs. Khabib. Now people are wondering if he can beat Dariush!

Dariush is my fav current UFC fighter and will be rooting for him, but if Tony Ferguson wins part of me thinks Khabib will make a comeback for one fight against him. It would be a non-title retirement fight for Khabib and by then Tony would be older, so Khabib would probably have an easier time to go for the 30th win.

member 51464

Dariush is my fav current UFC fighter and will be rooting for him, but if Tony Ferguson wins part of me thinks Khabib will make a comeback for one fight against him. It would be a non-title retirement fight for Khabib and by then Tony would be older, so Khabib would probably have an easier time to go for the 30th win.
Khabib is never making 155 again in his life.

Reactions: m9

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I still think a healthy Tony could have been a good matchup for Khabib but now we will never know.
Couldn't agree more, I would've loved that matchup back then and Ferguson would've had an excellent chance to win.
Now i think he's too far into CTE to challenge for a title again, unfortunately.

I hope he wins in dominant fashion on Saturday to be fair, I just dont see it vs Dariush.

I'm rooting for Chandler and think he shouldn't have much problems with oliviera but Oliviera has been really really solid the last few fights so I could see an upset via sub or some wild strike.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I used to be down for Tony/Khabib but Khabib kept getting better while Tony's stock went way down. There was a time where the matchup was intriguing, but it was a very small window if you factor in how things have played out in the past couple years. 2020 and beyond, I don't see Tony being competitive in that one. Gaethje took years off his life, I shudder to think about what would happen if he got in there with Khabib.

All that said, Tony seems to be in a good place mentally/physically (relatively speaking) and I hope he can show some glimpses of vintage El Cucuy against Dariush.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s not submitting Dariush so I think Tony’s best bet is cardio’ing him to death. He should be able to stick and move

odds are only growing in Beneil’s favor the closer we move to fight night- I can get Beneil at -185 and Tony at +150

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
IF Khabib ever fights again, it's not going to be against Tony because he beat the #9 ranked guy in the division.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People need to give it up on Khabib, that guys not coming back. When has he ever bullshitted?

This version of Khabib mutilates this version of Tony anyway. Oliveira controlled Tony on the ground and he used to be a featherweight, Tony wouldn’t be able to move under Khabib’s top pressure.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
People need to give it up on Khabib, that guys not coming back. When has he ever bullshitted?

This version of Khabib mutilates this version of Tony anyway. Oliveira controlled Tony on the ground and he used to be a featherweight, Tony wouldn’t be able to move under Khabib’s top pressure.

I'm not saying he's coming back but he should have no problem making weight again if he wants to. Tony was hurt in that fight, doesn't matter though I don't think he stands a shot against Khabib. I still think we will say Khabib back at some point because he's so young. There are just no compelling matchups to earn him major $$

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not saying he's coming back but he should have no problem making weight again if he wants to. Tony was hurt in that fight, doesn't matter though I don't think he stands a shot against Khabib. I still think we will say Khabib back at some point because he's so young. There are just no compelling matchups to earn him major $$

I don’t think money is a factor at all for him, I think he’s 100% invested in following in his fathers footsteps and coaching. I don’t think there’s a single person he comes back for, he seems pretty committed to his family and the promise he made his mother

He’s looking awfully thick these days. Lotta “burger w coke”. He could probably make it given advanced notice but he is probably also like “f*** that” at this point lol

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I don’t think money is a factor at all for him, I think he’s 100% invested in following in his fathers footsteps and coaching. I don’t think there’s a single person he comes back for, he seems pretty committed to his family and the promise he made his mother

He’s looking awfully thick these days. Lotta “burger w coke”. He could probably make it given advanced notice but he is probably also like “f*** that” at this point lol

I think ending it at 30-0 was probably something his father wanted and I'm pretty sure with time he'll get the itch to do it. The reason why the fight makes sense with Tony is because they were supposed to fight like a million times and it would probably be a non-title fight anyways. That way it's a one fight deal and it would not have any implications on the division as far as title goes. Not to mention Tony would be older, which makes it an easier and favorable fight for Khabib. I'm very convinced that if Tony wins in an impressive fashion he's probably gonna call Khabib out and the wheels will be in motion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->