GDT: UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Chandler
Ferguson
Burgos
Araujo
Schnell

Tough call on those middle 3 though, and Oliveira could pull it off for sure. Chandler just looks ready as ever and in phenomenal shape, so I think he'll clip Charles. That said, one of my first instincts was Oliveira by guillotine so I've been back and forth on my picks. I see Tony/Beneil being a war with Tony edging out a decision or getting a late finish, but part of me could see a big KO for Dariush. Chookagian/Araujo has split decision written all over it. I think Barboza is better than Burgos but going with my gut there, hope to be wrong. I favor Schnell, he has some momentum and Bontorin doesn't look overly confident.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Chandler
Ferguson
Burgos
Araujo
Schnell

Tough call on those middle 3 though, and Oliveira could pull it off for sure. Chandler just looks ready as ever and in phenomenal shape, so I think he'll clip Charles. That said, one of my first instincts was Oliveira by guillotine so I've been back and forth on my picks. I see Tony/Beneil being a war with Tony edging out a decision or getting a late finish, but part of me could see a big KO for Dariush. Chookagian/Araujo has split decision written all over it. I think Barboza is better than Burgos but going with my gut there, hope to be wrong. I favor Schnell, he has some momentum and Bontorin doesn't look overly confident.

Schnell looked so fast in his last fight against Nam but I thought Nam fought a stupid fight. Bontorin already missed weight so he’s gonna come in huge and I think has a very good chance to take Schnell out. Though if I was betting I think the under is probably the safest play. Either guy could get a ko

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Oliveira beat a bunch of nobody's and then dodged every fight until he got a title fight.

Still better than Chandler I won one fight in the UFC and get a title shot in arguably one of most stacked divisions of the UFC.

Really, Poirier should be fighting for the title. But he went for the money fight.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Still better than Chandler I won one fight in the UFC and get a title shot in arguably one of most stacked divisions of the UFC.

Really, Poirier should be fighting for the title. But he went for the money fight.

After Poirier chose McGregor Chandler was the option. Tony got smoked twice and Justin just lost his shot. Chandler isn’t some nobody. He was brought over to the UFC as a major addition and smoked Hooker. When guys pay their dues in another org and come over as big additions they get title shots fairly quickly. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
After Poirier chose McGregor Chandler was the option. Tony got smoked twice and Justin just lost his shot. Chandler isn’t some nobody. He was brought over to the UFC as a major addition and smoked Hooker. When guys pay their dues in another org and come over as big additions they get title shots fairly quickly. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Congratulations in smoking Hooker. Still think Oliveira is far more deserving of the title shot. And the person I was responding to was questioning Oliveria for the title shot. Oliveira for a title shot > Chandler for a title shot.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Congratulations in smoking Hooker. Still think Oliveira is far more deserving of the title shot. And the person I was responding to was questioning Oliveria for the title shot. Oliveira for a title shot > Chandler for a title shot.

It is an accomplishment because if Hooker wins that fight there’s a very good chance he’s fighting tonight vs. Oliveira. Cool if you were talking about Oliveira but you also totally discredited Chandler in your post.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I thought the obvious fight to make was Poirier vs Oliveira. They are clearly the top 2 LWs and should be fighting for the title.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Also people bag on Oliveria beating a bunch of nobodies. But before Chandler beat Hooker, his most notable win was what, Benson Henderson! Unless, you want to go back 10 years for his win over Eddie Alvarez. Oliveira's run > Chandler's run.

Reactions: member 51464

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Do you guys know what Chandler wears around his neck? I've seen Kamaru Usman wear the same thing.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Ok but if Hooker beat Chandler and Poirier goes for the money fights who is Oliveira fighting tonight?

Poirier after he beats Conor. Again.

I don't think this be should the title fight tonight, and they should have waited.

Chandler should have fought once more against a top 5/10 opponent (Justin). If he had won that, then he gets the title shot.

Anyway, my whole argument started with I think Oliveira is far more deserving of the title fight tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00