GDT: UFC 258: Usman vs. Burns

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah that was one of the weirdest rounds I can remember. Burns rocked Usman and then laid on his back for like how long? So weird. Burns is sharp but I just think Usman is too powerful, and not in that he he's going to come out of the gates and blast you but he's just gonna walk you down behind a powerful jab, wrestle if he needs to, and he has great discipline/cardio. He's a physical specimen with great gameplanning and again, discipline.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Burns with a great start in the first round. Looked so fast on the feet and probably should have kept the fight there. Does give the thought that maybe someone with speed can give Usman problems.

But Usman was great the rest of the way. So powerful with the jab.

Very good fight.

Didn't think much of the rest of the card. Went kind of as expected.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Usman gives off the same vibes of early Yankees Alex Rodriguez. Incredible athlete and probably a decent guy but just comes off as kind of stuck up and entitled.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Aside from the first couple minutes, Usman looked pretty damn good for someone who is a dominant wrestler. I agree that he doesn't get enough respect, this guy is one of the best p4p fighters in the game. His standup game does have holes but he still finds a way to win no matter where the fight takes place.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Usman gives off the same vibes of early Yankees Alex Rodriguez. Incredible athlete and probably a decent guy but just comes off as kind of stuck up and entitled.

it’s like he’s trying to be unlikable but he’s bad at it so it comes across as fake and it’s cringey, so he’s like an inauthentic good guy and that’s a hard thing to be able to comprehend

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It comes off as fake, like he’s playing a character and he’s not good at it.

It's a horrible character. He's a genuine person then he gets in front of a camera for an interview and acts like he's super cool.

Dude, its not you. Chill.

Colby plays a character but you know its a character and its meant to be over the top. Usman tries to be humble and cocky at same time, its weird.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I hope Khamzat is legit and ends Usman. There just doesn't seem like there's much at welterweight right now. Use to be one of the deeper divisions, I don't think that's the case right now.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not fond of Usman calling out Jorge. Jorge is the least qualified guy for a title, just a guy on a streak that ended but more of a 'money fight'.

Meh to be fair Masvidal has been talking a ton of smack about their fight so I'm OK with the call out. It's not the fight that should happen based on merit though I agree.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
**** it. GSP should ask Khabib to fight Usman and then winner gets GSP. Let's go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad