GDT: UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa

member 51464

It’s official for December
Nice, I missed that. I was a Till fan, but I am starting to become a doubter.

He gets to the UFC and fights four nobodies (one is a majority draw), then beats Cerrone who never shows up in big fights, beats Wonderboy in a decision where the vast majority of viewers thought the judges made the wrong call, got embarrassed by Woodley and Masvidal, won a close split decision to Gastelum, and was massively out struck in a unanimous decision loss to Whittaker.

I don't think he is a bum or anything, but....a lot of the shine is off, and I am a bit disinclined to think he is going to fulfill his potential at this point. I think the Jack fight should tell us a lot.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nice, I missed that. I was a Till fan, but I am starting to become a doubter.

He gets to the UFC and fights four nobodies (one is a majority draw), then beats Cerrone who never shows up in big fights, beats Wonderboy in a decision where the vast majority of viewers thought the judges made the wrong call, got embarrassed by Woodley and Masvidal, won a close split decision to Gastelum, and was massively out struck in a unanimous decision loss to Whittaker.

I don't think he is a bum or anything, but....a lot of the shine is off, and I am a bit disinclined to think he is going to fulfill his potential at this point. I think the Jack fight should tell us a lot.

wouldn’t shock me if his career mirrors Bisping

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I cant even think of a person thats actually a realistic fight, that could beat him.

Neither can I. I doubt we see the fight again and I’d pick Adesanya to win if we did but Whittaker is the one guy I wouldn’t count out, even though he got brutally KO’d last time.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hermansson has to get past Till first

if Till wins that’s an interesting fight to make- Izzy vs Till. I think it would only happen if Cannonier loses and Till wins though

I could see Izzy being attracted to Till’s name power and the striking contest it would be
That would likely end up being a boring one. Two counterstrikers.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I may be biased here but if Whittaker wins I think he should get another shot at Izzy.

I think you’re absolutely right, I just don’t know if they’d do it

they could probably have an event in New Zealand with a live crowd though, there’s basically 0 covid there. Would probably just have to figure out the parameters with the government

Reactions: darko

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I’d like to point out that Dan Hardy was 100% right on this Izzy/Costa matchup and didn’t deserve the criticism I saw him getting

Watch his stuff on YouTube if you’re into fight breakdowns. He’s fantastic

Just read it. He was spot on.

Thought Izzy was going to win, but didn't think Costa would be so disappointing.

member 51464

Izzy was jerkin his d to Till’s striking in the last fight even tho Till lost pretty handily

I bet total strikes landed would be like 60-40 Izzy in a UD
I agree. But maybe that is what Israel wants? Just a chance to kind of put on a show with a guy he thinks has the technical IQ to keep up while knowing he won't really be in danger.

Till's last two finishes were over Cerrone in October 2017 and over Wendell de Oliveira in May 2015. haha. So would be smart marketing by Israel since Till is a fan favorite with a decent name. But he might need to fight him sooner than later before Till racks up too many more losses.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Reyes was hesitant just like Costa. He was moving forward and attacking vs Jones, no idea what his game plan was tonight.

Yeah, he looked so tentative. So happy for Jan! Was on a 4 fight losing streak not that long ago, and good run since, and now he is champ. :)

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The Middleweight division isn’t really set up to overthrow Izzy at this time. I think you’ll need a bigger version of a fighter like Covington to take him down. A pressure fighter that doesn’t really give you space and a dominant wrestler.

If you give him time and space he will just pick you apart, and if you just rush in without setting up you’re going to put yourself in a bad position.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Could Khabib realistically have any chance vs Adesanya?

Guys like Rockhold who’s a LHW were saying Khabib feels extremely strong rolling with them.

I don’t know if he can close the distance with Izzy, but his stand up is very unorthodox and as soon as he gets ahold of him, I don’t think Adesanya can get away

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The Middleweight division isn’t really set up to overthrow Izzy at this time. I think you’ll need a bigger version of a fighter like Covington to take him down. A pressure fighter that doesn’t really give you space and a dominant wrestler.

If you give him time and space he will just pick you apart, and if you just rush in without setting up you’re going to put yourself in a bad position.
Thoughts on Usman vs Adesanya?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Could Khabib realistically have any chance vs Adesanya?

Guys like Rockhold who’s a LHW we’re saying Khabib feels extremely strong rolling with them.

I don’t know if he can close the distance with Izzy, but his stand up is very unorthodox and as soon as he gets ahold of him, I don’t think Adesanya can get away
30 pounds, thats quite the big step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad