GDT: UFC 249

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Hall also beat Santos, but I agree with your point. Jacare is 40 years old now and his record of late isn't great which I guess is why the odds are what they are, but he's been competitive against cream of the crop competition during that span as well. Hall just isn't on that level. He has the ability to beat him, but I think Jacare is a pretty safe bet and with those odds...yeah.

I personally wouldn't touch Cejudo-Cruz. No way I could bet on Cruz with all the question marks, but it's not great odds for a Cejudo bet either IMO. Nothing but props to Cejudo for beating Moreas, but he was getting his ass kicked until Moraes ran out of gas. Dom's not as fast as Moraes, but he's smart and I don't remember cardio ever being an issue for him.

I think Tony is a good bet, too. There is certainly a path for Gaethje. He hits hard and Tony gets hit, but I just can't keep from thinking Alvarez and Poirier took it. Why wouldn't Tony be able to?

I agree with this. The way some people have been talking about Gaethje is that he only needs to land one punch, and it will be all over. Don't they remember the Poirier and Alvarez fights! He's got power. No denying that. But people are overrating it. Hell, even when he fought Johnson, Johnson took a lot of punches before finally being TKOed.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think I’m gonna specifically bet Gaethje 1st round KO. Tony sometimes gets into a little trouble early in fights and simply put Gaethje probably hits harder than anybody he’s faced. Plus Tony is 36. Plus the weird circumstances surrounding everything right now. Feel like it’s a perfect storm for something whacky

+500 odds

This is the craziness you get when you coop me up and don’t give me sports for months

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I respect cejudo being intentionally cringey

punting pillows with Johnson, dillashaw, and Cruz’s faces on them with a hardo look on his face. Then squares up and he’s so small.

I die every time he’s at an event and the camera pans to him in the crowd and he starts doing angry throat slashes

Jeremy Stephens missed weight by a lot (150.5)

Reactions: chicagoskycam

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Tony carrying his belt

The live video I was watching had a strange angle to it. I'm so pumped this is actually going down! I know some of these fights are going to be amazing, some will suck but bravo to the UFC for getting it done.

Now I hope no negative press comes out from it.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think I’m gonna specifically bet Gaethje 1st round KO. Tony sometimes gets into a little trouble early in fights and simply put Gaethje probably hits harder than anybody he’s faced. Plus Tony is 36. Plus the weird circumstances surrounding everything right now. Feel like it’s a perfect storm for something whacky

+500 odds

This is the craziness you get when you coop me up and don’t give me sports for months

I might do that, I also want a 3 fight parlay if any of you guys have recommendations. In that, I would probably go with Tony.

Reactions: CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I might do that, I also want a 3 fight parlay if any of you guys have recommendations. In that, I would probably go with Tony.

Werdum might be worth a look if the odds make sense either straight up or via finish. HW MMA is unpredictable and he has been off for a while but I think he's much better than Oleinik no matter where the fight goes.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Donking off on Ngannou. Easy money boys.

It's going to cover that f***ing rock that went through the front windshield of my GLK this morning on my way to work...

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

+500 odds

Gaethje has 9 first round finishes and has finished his last 3 straight in the first. It's not that whacky of a bet. He has dynamite in his hands.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gaethje has 9 first round finishes and has finished his last 3 straight in the first. It's not that whacky of a bet.

right but when you factor in that the guy he’s facing hasn’t lost in what feels like a decade it might be a little bit unexpected lol

he’s for sure got the capability to sleep him tho like you say

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
right but when you factor in that the guy he’s facing hasn’t lost in what feels like a decade it might be a little bit unexpected lol

he’s for sure got the capability to sleep him tho like you say

Ferguson might just get pressured right from go and never recover. Gaethje isn't going to let him roll around and do weird ****. Gaethje is going to be coming forward for the kill.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Gaethje definitely has a chance for a TKO in the first two rounds.

I actually like Oleinik as an underdog. I think he was like +255 on a couple places. Not sure how Werdum looked today but he was in awful shape at the end of his last run and didn't look like the same guy. Not sure how much he's got left and I think the fight is much closer to a coin-flip than those odds suggest.

Reactions: dss97

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jacare tested positive for Covid so that fight is off.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jacare tested positive for Covid so that fight is off.

Damn. Hopefully he'll be okay.

This is the one thing they couldn't have happen. They said he was self isolating since he arrived and was keeping a safe distance while wearing a mask and gloves today but I think they'll have to re-test anyone him and his team might've been around.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He tested negative on Wednesday. If you look into test accuracy a negative test doesn’t mean nothing...but it means nothing about 3 out of 10 times.

Add in that weight cutting weakens your immune system to begin with...and the disparity of some of the training that could be done between fighters...

They shouldn’t be running this show.

But I’m sure everyone who trained with him, or was in the hotel working, or passed him on the airport...I’m sure they’re glad it is.

T minus...seconds until we find out his team is positive too.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Has Jacare been aroundW the other fighters?

You can clearly see him in Werdum's instagram story from earlier today, in close proximity with a bunch of other people. He's wearing a mask, but still...

Jacare and his two cornermen who have tested positive have apparently been in the hotel with everybody else for 2 days and, according to the UFC, "self-isolating whenever possible". He was at the staredown where he fist-bumped Dana who was of course all over every other fighter on the card. They have a potential outbreak on their hands. Hopefully it doesn't materialize.

Probably a decent chance that the plug is pulled on this at the last minute. Likely dependent on any further positive tests and whether the UFC - and ESPN and Disney by extension - are willing to risk opening themselves up to a PR nightmare.

f***ing Jacare...

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I don't mean to derail this thread too much but if you tested every single person in Costco on a random afternoon you'd get A LOT more than one positive test. The outrage over the "danger" of this event is pretty overblown.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I don't mean to derail this thread too much but if you tested every single person in Costco on a random afternoon you'd get A LOT more than one positive test. The outrage over the "danger" of this event is pretty overblown.

Oh definitely and maybe it's the only way Jacare figures out he's got it. Where did he travel from again? I'm curious about these tests because some of them just seem off. No symptoms and I just have to question how long has he had it?

Some people are going to cling on to this as I told you so and you know what, I'll just ignore it. MLB, NBA are taking notes to see if they can figure this out.

The only thing I'll say is he should not have been at the face-off so if there is a way to get the test results prior, do it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Oh definitely and maybe it's the only way Jacare figures out he's got it. Where did he travel from again? I'm curious about these tests because some of them just seem off. No symptoms and I just have to question how long has he had it?

Some people are going to cling on to this as I told you so and you know what, I'll just ignore it. MLB, NBA are taking notes to see if they can figure this out.

The only thing I'll say is he should not have been at the face-off so if there is a way to get the test results prior, do it.

Jacare lives in Florida, he probably drove to the event with his corner.

Glad they caught it, but Jacare is an extremely healthy 40 year old guy. He will be fine. Hopefully they took proper precautions like having cornermen who are not high-risk.

But again, this is why I've said from the beginning the UFC is well-positioned to continue in this environment. The guys can fight and then just quarantine for a couple weeks. They obviously need to test the staff as well and do other precautions, but they are a unique sport due to the fact they fight and then take a long break.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Jacare lives in Florida, he probably drove to the event with his corner.

Glad they caught it, but Jacare is an extremely healthy 40 year old guy. He will be fine. Hopefully they took proper precautions like having cornermen who are not high-risk.

But again, this is why I've said from the beginning the UFC is well-positioned to continue in this environment. The guys can fight and then just quarantine for a couple weeks.

Completely agree. There are obviously a ton of people walking around with it and no symptoms.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
Henry Cejudo(c) vs. Dominick Cruz
Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Greg Hardy
vs. Yorgan de Castro

Preliminary Card
Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone
Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabrício Werdum
Carla Esparza
vs. Michelle Waterson
Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
Early Preliminary Card
Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa
Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Probably shouldve just bet Ngannou @ 1.7 to win by KO/TKO instead of the 1.36 outright....

damn I'm off my game it's been too long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad