GDT: UFC 237: Namajunas vs. Andrade

member 51464

Agreed. Rose won it in November of '17, beat Joanna again in April of '18, and this was the last fight since.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Joanna has lost her last 3 title fights and she's currently coming off a loss.

That's not a fight that moves the needle for me atleast.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That was straight up brutality. I knew Andrade would win.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Joanna has lost her last 3 title fights and she's currently coming off a loss.

That's not a fight that moves the needle for me atleast.
As I said above, I'd go with Suarez or Ansaroff, but JJ wouldn't be a terrible decision either. Yeah, she lost her last fight, but it was in the division up. But other than that she, was a dominant champ that only lost to the girl that just lost the belt, and already has a win against the now champ.

Reactions: Avs_19

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
As I said above, I'd go with Suarez or Ansaroff, but JJ wouldn't be a terrible decision either. Yeah, she lost her last fight, but it was in the division up. But other than that she, was a dominant champ that only lost to the girl that just lost the belt, and already has a win against the now champ.

It's WMMA nobody is dominant.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

I'm with you I understand why people would want to see that fight. Just doesn't do anything for me.

If JJ won another fight or two before getting the shot maybe I'd be more interested.:dunno:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's WMMA nobody is dominant.
14-0 until she lost to Rose.
8-0 in the UFC.
5 title defenses, including one against the now champ.
The only one to beat her was the former champ and a girl in weight class above.

I mean, you can question the competition level in WMMA all you want, but all she can do is fight the girls they put in front of her. Besides Rose and Valentina, nobody has beaten her or even given her much of a challenge.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and SimR

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
14-0 until she lost to Rose.
8-0 in the UFC.
5 title defenses, including one against the now champ.
The only one to beat her was the former champ and a girl in weight class above.

I mean, you can question the competition level in WMMA all you want, but all she can do is fight the girls they put in front of her. Besides Rose and Valentina, nobody has beaten her or even given her much of a challenge.

I know her record and she is a great fighter. It's not like Jon Jones dispatching people though. That's what I consider dominant. Kayla Harrison might be.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The winner of that fight deserves it and I think Suarez could become a dominant champion once she gets her opportunity. The UFC loves Joanna though so it wouldn't surprise me if they threw her back in there.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm with you I understand why people would want to see that fight. Just doesn't do anything for me.

If JJ won another fight or two before getting the shot maybe I'd be more interested.:dunno:
It's not my first choice. I'd rather see her beat Waterson or maybe that Zhang girl while Suarez/Ansanoff get the next shot, but it wouldn't be a "What the hell are thinking!?!?" type of decision either.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's not my first choice. I'd rather see her beat Waterson or maybe that Zhang girl while Suarez/Ansanoff get the next shot, but it wouldn't be a "What the hell are thinking!?!?" type of decision either.

That Zhang girl is a future champ.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rose is a bit different but it's still surprising to see her act so relieved and say this is a huge pressure off her shoulders. She only defended her belt one time.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So then, Jon Jones and Khabib are the only dominant champions in all of MMA? At least until they lose?

Khabib fights once every two years. He is not dominant.

GSP and Jones. Are the greatest fighters ever. I think GSP beats Khabib.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Khabib fights once every two years. He is not dominant.

GSP and Jones. Are the greatest fighters ever. I think GSP beats Khabib.
Khabib has 4 fights in the last 3 years. Jones has 3.

So nobody is dominant then.

Technically it's only 2 for Jones since the DC fight was turned to a NC because he was caught cheating.

Reactions: Zeppo

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Khabib has 4 fights in the last 3 years. Jones has 3.

So nobody is dominant then.

Jones ran through murderers row. The guys at 205 can catch you and put you to sleep if you turn the wrong way. Khabib fights at 155.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad