Women's Flyweight bout: Luana Carolina vs. Priscila Cachoeira
Welterweight bout: Warlley Alves vs. Sérgio Moraes
Bantamweight bout: Raoni Barcelos vs. Carlos Huachin
Women's Flyweight bout: Talita Bernardo vs. Viviane Araujo​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Weird card in that it looks absolutely terrible because of the main event.. but if this was a free ESPN card I would be really excited.

I like Andrade to beat Rose, but I've been wrong about Rose before. I think she has better standup than Rose and I don't see the fight going to the ground. If Rose wins this fight I think it's one where she takes an early round and then uses her cardio and speed to win rounds 4 and 5. But as it stands now, I'll take Andrade winning a decision.

I don't like the Cannonier matchup for Silva. I do think it will be a close fight and be similar to his Brunson fight though. Could be another undeserving decision, too. Cannonier hits hard and if he was able to catch Silva and "shock" everyone it wouldn't really surprise me.

Aldo has obviously been battling some issues recently and I'm a bit surprised he even stayed on this card. I'm also a bit surprised he's the favorite for this fight, Volkanovski has looked great.

Always like seeing Lil Nog & Alves fight. Not really sure what to expect from Penn/Guida. Would have been a great fight 10 years ago.

Reactions: Avs_19

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
i have Andrade over Rose, because we've seen her struggle with physicality. Her losses to Esparza and KK are essentially them bullying her into physical grinding battles. Andrade is the best bully in the division.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So, are we all just gonna pretend that Andrade isn't a PED user?

013_Jessica_Andrade.0.0-800x480.jpg

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's a typical Brazil card IMO. A good fight or 2 and then a bunch of Brazilians in fights that don't really matter and/or don't make sense.

I don't really know about the main event, but Rose is pretty gangster for going to Brazil, to fight a Brazilian, as the champion. I could see Andrade bullying her and getting the KO or I could see Rose outlasting her and winning a decision. Soooo, probably Rose by KO.

I know people are high on Volkanovski, and for good reason, but even 32 year old Aldo's a big step up for him. This kind of reminds me of Aldo-Moicano all over again in that sense. Is it too much too soon? I guess we'll see.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's obvious just by looking at the changes to her face. She's become masculinized

Before:
images
images

After:
ANDRADE_JESSICA_AD.png
I agree with @MD thaivuN. She's always been pretty masculine.:laugh:

It also doesn't help that she's smiling in the first 2 pictures and trying to look tough in the after picture. I'd also imagine getting punched in the face a lot for several years has some sort of effect. Not to mention, just getting older.

But those shoulders and biceps....it's possible to do naturally, but like I said, it wouldn't surprise me.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
She's dropped from 135 to 115 which is a massive weight percentage. Of course she is going to look different and more cut.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It's a typical Brazil card IMO. A good fight or 2 and then a bunch of Brazilians in fights that don't really matter and/or don't make sense.

I don't really know about the main event, but Rose is pretty gangster for going to Brazil, to fight a Brazilian, as the champion. I could see Andrade bullying her and getting the KO or I could see Rose outlasting her and winning a decision. Soooo, probably Rose by KO.

I know people are high on Volkanovski, and for good reason, but even 32 year old Aldo's a big step up for him. This kind of reminds me of Aldo-Moicano all over again in that sense. Is it too much too soon? I guess we'll see.

I concur.

Brazilian cards never really excite me.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
She's dropped from 135 to 115 which is a massive weight percentage. Of course she is going to look different and more cut.

She lost 20 pounds, of course she's going to start looking like a man!

You can believe what you want, but it's obvious she's a PED user

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Who knows.

She doesn't even look that much different. Her face and body look more defined and masculine, which is exactly how someone would look when they've cut 15-20% of their weight while trying to maintain a similar level of strength.

member 51464

Then why hasn't she popped? She doesn't seem like the kind of person worth the trouble to protect.

Reactions: SimR

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
This has to be the most boring card I can remember. I don't understand some folks who are still excited to see Silva, Penn and Lil Nog fight. They're ancient, no chance of a title shot, and they look sluggish and slow compared to when they were young. You're basically just watching folks rack up CTE. I have no strong feelings about the main, for better or worse, juts not interested. No real interesting prospects for me. The only semi-interesting fight would be Aldo vs. Volkanovski, but I'm not that interested in any men's fights under 155. I got an thing I can't miss anyways tomorrow, but even if I was free I probably wouldn't go out and watch this one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm still leaning Rose in the main event but Andrade winning won't be surprising. She has the type of style to give Rose a problem and the fight should be competitive.

I think Aldo vs. Volkanovski is easily the best fight on the card and the one I'm looking forward to the most. I love what we've seen from Aldo recently after some rough performances and Volkanovski is a legit contender.

Anderson, Lil Nog, and Alves are cool but I'd be lying if I said I'm excited for any of those fights. BJ was one of my favourites as well but him still fighting is just sad at this point.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Penn's been terrible lately but Clay Guida shouldn't be -700 vs anyone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dreadful fight. Penn was gassed after one round.

That was bad. While Penn clearly does have terrible conditioning, I don't think that's his only issue like the commentators were saying. He's completely washed and has been for years now.

Spann easily takes out Lil Nog via KO. Not a good night for the legends so far.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That was bad. While Penn clearly does have terrible conditioning, I don't think that's his only issue like the commentators were saying. He's completely washed and has been for years now.

Spann easily takes out Lil Nog via KO. Not a good night for the legends so far.

Penn just has nothing other than an okay jab. Any UFC level striker would have finished him in the first round.

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
I get BJ's love and passion for the sport but its well past the time to hang em up. Hes a legend and one of the best P4P fighters ever.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good performance from Volkanovsi.

Aldo was way too tentative in there. I know he had some issues coming into the fight so maybe that held him back.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Aldo looked flat. Good win for Volkanovski, but he didn't show anything that would give Max problems or anything to jump in front of Frankie in terms of getting the next title shot IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad