GDT: UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Highly doubt Conor goes down to 145.

Would love to see Holloway move up to 155.

Holloway vs Ferguson would be great.

You don't think McGregor wants a belt?

He's not likely to get another one at 155 lbs

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Did he ever miss weight in the past?
No but its been noted how difficult it has been for him. Don't see why he would want to go back to practically killing himself again just to fight Holloway at 145 when he has several opponents at 155, belt or not.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
No but its been noted how difficult it has been for him. Don't see why he would want to go back to practically killing himself again just to fight Holloway at 145 when he has several opponents at 155, belt or not.

Because McGregor vs Holloway would sell more PPV's than McGregor vs any 155er not named Khabib or Diaz

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Because McGregor vs Holloway would sell more PPV's than McGregor vs any 155er not named Khabib or Diaz
Conor would just say, Max if you want to fight me and make money come to 155, he is in the driver seat. It doesn't matter who Conor fights, his PPV's will be extremely high. He has expressed no desire to go back to 145. His coach has even said he doesnt see him returning to 145.

Reactions: dss97 and m9

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Conor would just say, Max if you want to fight me and make money come to 155, he is in the driver seat. It doesn't matter who Conor fights, his PPV's will be extremely high. He has expressed no desire to go back to 145. His coach has even said he doesnt see him returning to 145.

The UFC wants the strap around McGregor's waist and that isn't happening at 155 anytime soon

So I stand by my prediction. Conor's next fight will be against Holloway for the 145lb belt

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
What an insane fight, Tony Ferguson just said on his twitter if the Khabib fight doesn't happen he'd like to fight Max next.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
The UFC wants the strap around McGregor's waist and that isn't happening at 155 anytime soon

So I stand by my prediction. Conor's next fight will be against Holloway for the 145lb belt

That's insane. Conor is never going back to 145. HoboConor is a thing of the past.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Going to be 0/2 on predictions today.

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Zero chance Conor goes back down. It’ll be at 155. Conor is the one who’s proven belts don’t mean shit. He might as well have his own “money” belt, because any fight with him will sell bigger than any title fight, EVER.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
i realized how much Ortega is similar to Holloway, from the chin to the kind of boxing to the neck-catching clinch. Unfortunately for him, mirror matches favor the more experienced fighter. Watching Holloway dismantle Ortega's clinch was a thing to see and we even got to see him threaten Ortega with a piece of his own medicine.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Max reminds me of the Diaz bros, not the hardest punchers but throw an insane volume that overwhelms their opponents. I would love to see him get the rematch with Conor, he's evolved tremendously as a fighter since their first bout.

Reactions: Killahpunk

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great card tonight.

Holloway is just on another level and he never stops throwing. That fight wasn't close except for the third round when Ortega landed some good shots. I'd love to see him move up now because I don't think there's much left for him to do at 145. Props to Ortega for staying in the fight as long as he did but that's one of those beatings that could really affect a career.

Valentina looked great and was never in any danger. It's hard to see her losing anytime soon.

Good finishes for both Gunnar and Santos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad