GDT: UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I have no idea if Jones was taking anything on purpose. Jones makes stupid decisions all the time so he has no credibility, but the timing of when he got busted really makes no sense for someone who was actually using something.

There's also a ton of misinformation out there in terms of the reduced sentence and snitching that people are taking at face value because they treat media like Chael Sonnen's words as actual fact when it has been proven that he was wrong about this whole situation. Jones suspension is perfectly in-line with them finding that he didn't take anything on purpose and that's an aside from the "snitching" reduction. People need to actually research these tests because you can see when it's obvious someone was cheating and when there may have been something else going on. Compare Jon Jones test to what came up for guys like Sonnen, Belfort, and dozens of others and you can see the difference.

I agree with the other stuff about DC - he admits he lost to Jones. The other thing is, it's MMA.. you don't need to "admit" someone is better than you. We've seen them fight - Jon Jones is better. It's true whether or not DC admits it.
I know about the timing and levels of his test. But his sentence was reduced by 3 months because they believed he did not intentionally take anything. They reduced it by 30(!) months because he provided USADA "substantial assistance". That's not from Chael or anyone else in the media. That's from USADA's statement. So again, either he has intimate knowledge of PEDs or the UFC was pulling the strings.

I don't know what/if he was on, when he was on it, or how it effected his performance. But there's too much shit around him that I think it's fair for DC, me, or anybody else to question it.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know about the timing and levels of his test. But his sentence was reduced by 3 months because they believed he did not intentionally take anything. They reduced it by 30(!) months because he provided USADA "substantial assistance". That's not from Chael or anyone else in the media. That's from USADA's statement. So again, either he has intimate knowledge of PEDs or the UFC was pulling the strings.

I don't know what/if he was on, when he was on it, or how it effected his performance. But there's too much **** around him that I think it's fair for DC, me, or anybody else to question it.

Great case of me accusing people of doing something and then going and doing it myself - the first article I read within a week of the ruling on it had the two reasons for reductions flipped. Guess USADA was playing hardball after all, they could have easily lowered the suspension by the same amount based on their findings without the "assistance" part.

Reactions: pistolpete11

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I love DC, but if he has one fight left it needs to be with Jon Jones if he cares about his legacy. I get that the Brock fight is a money day, but the only man to beat him is Jones, if he does not try to avenge his losses and retires, not sure I'd put him in the GOAT discussion.
Jones is a repeat offender serial cheater.

Steroids give an immense advantage in fighting and training and nobody, not even his fans believe he is clean anymore.

All Jones wins are disqualified in my book and his resume wiped to NC's

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

I don't know what/if he was on, when he was on it, or how it effected his performance. But there's too much **** around him that I think it's fair for DC, me, or anybody else to question it.
This.
Jones snitched on people, friends, his methods of circumventing tests, etc etc

Providing substantial aid to USADA to receive a 30 month reduction means he was able to provide a lot of aid.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jones is a repeat offender serial cheater.

Steroids give an immense advantage in fighting and training and nobody, not even his fans believe he is clean anymore.

All Jones wins are disqualified in my book and his resume wiped to NC's

Seems reasonable. Can we at least give him the wins over Sonnen, Machida, Belfort and Bonnar since at least a couple of them were legitimately juiced up? He's up to 4 wins now, that's probably enough to crack the 205 rankings.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Seems reasonable. Can we at least give him the wins over Sonnen, Machida, Belfort and Bonnar since at least a couple of them were legitimately juiced up? He's up to 4 wins now, that's probably enough to crack the 205 rankings.
That's enough to be fighting for the 205 title :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad