GDT: UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Adesanya looks like a legit contender

I'd be surprised if he's not given the next title shot

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Who has the better knock out power? Rumble Johnson or Derrick Lewis?

Cause I remember Cormier surviving a big shot from Rumble in the 1st round of their fight and then just dominating him after.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Way too early for a title shot, he needs to beat a top guy before a title shot is entertained.

75640ec657d9bb36b4215e17c93ab234.jpg

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

That's an absurd comparison, Brock is a superstar money machine, everyone knows who he is. Also the heavyweight is thinner than the middleweight.

I would put Adesanya in the same position as Paulo Costa. Lots of potential, but they need to beat folks in the top-5 to get a shot.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is it just me, or does Weidman look less muscular than in previous fights?

Reactions: m9

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That's an absurd comparison, Brock is a superstar money machine, everyone knows who he is. Also the heavyweight is thinner than the middleweight.

I would put Adesanya in the same position as Paulo Costa. Lots of potential, but they need to beat folks in the top-5 to get a shot.

I'd put him in the same position as Khabib was coming off the Barboza win

Last edited:

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Chris lost 4 of his last 5 fights, I get that he lost to amazing fighters, but that's a rough run.

member 51464

We all know Cormier is a huge favorite. But I am rooting against him for the same reason I was against DJ against Cejudo. I don't like dudes taking the easy path when they want to call themselves the greatest.

It is a bit ridiculous for Lewis to be fighting again 4 weeks after he took so much damage in his last fight, even if he won.

So, good luck to black beast, though it seems unlikely to come to fruition. If Rumble Johnson's power didn't do Cormier in, it seems he has a good chance to to take what Lewis has to offer.

Even if you disagree with the above, I am sure we can all agree we hope Lewis is in good health so we can at least get his best.

Reactions: cyris

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Looking forward to the next fight but imo no way should Derick Lewis be fighting this close to his last fight.

He took a beating for 14 of the 15 mins a month ago and should be giving his brain more time to rest.
Lewis is tough and I’m sure he really wants to fight but sometimes you have to protect athletes from themselves.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've always liked Jacare

Seems to get overlooked as a contender despite 2 of his recent losses coming via split decision against Romero and Gastelum

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Cormier has an amateurish standup game, so it's going to be interesting to see how this one goes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad