UFAs: Who do you want? Who don't you want?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I would rather let the kids play to be honest. But when injuries happen it would be nice to have that extra body I guess.

There is room for both Svechnikov and Bertuzzi + another forward if the team wants to carry 14 forwards. I'd much rather have say Jimmy Hayes as the spare forward than Bertuzzi. We are going to need at least 1 Miller/Ott guy who doesn't play most games.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
There is room for both Svechnikov and Bertuzzi + another forward if the team wants to carry 14 forwards. I'd much rather have say Jimmy Hayes as the spare forward than Bertuzzi. We are going to need at least 1 Miller/Ott guy who doesn't play most games.

Hayes over a guy like Burmistrov or Grigorenko? How old is Hayes? Don't really know much about him TBH

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Hayes over a guy like Burmistrov or Grigorenko? How old is Hayes? Don't really know much about him TBH

27. I was just using him as an example. Grigorenko would probably be my top target on the buy low forward front

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
27. I was just using him as an example. Grigorenko would probably be my top target on the buy low forward front

I would be open to anyone of them 3 on a cheap show me deal. Just no old vets. The team is riddled with old vets. However, I would allow the signing of the legen...wait for dary, legendary Jaromir Jagr.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wouldnt be surprised if they signed a Chris Neil or Ryan White type. Could sell at the deadline to a contender that wants some toughness for the playoffs. They did it with Ott last year.

Surprised they arent going after Simon Depres at all if they want D, hes only 25 and has some solid years behind him

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Wouldnt be surprised if they signed a Chris Neil or Ryan White type. Could sell at the deadline to a contender that wants some toughness for the playoffs. They did it with Ott last year.

Surprised they arent going after Simon Depres at all if they want D, hes only 25 and has some solid years behind him

I'd probably puke knowing Neil was playing on this team while Franzen is injured for good. I'm pretty sure Despres is retiring

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'd probably puke knowing Neil was playing on this team while Franzen is injured for good. I'm pretty sure Despres is retiring

Neil plays hard but not dirty, I would like him for a year. Franzen wasnt a saint for his antics hes lucky he didnt get punched more really. I just heard a mic'd up segment where Franzen actually admits to pinching another player... what 6'3 hockey player actually pinches someone lol?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Neil plays hard but not dirty, I would like him for a year. Franzen wasnt a saint for his antics hes lucky he didnt get punched more really. I just heard a mic'd up segment where Franzen actually admits to pinching another player... what 6'3 hockey player actually pinches someone lol?

Franzen and Neil have had bad blood for years. Wouldn't sit right for me to sign Neil while Franzen is sidelined

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I thought it was funny. I still remember Esa Tikkanen blowing kisses at another player because it threw the other guy off so much.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I thought it was funny. I still remember Esa Tikkanen blowing kisses at another player because it threw the other guy off so much.

Blowing kisses is funny, pinching is something a 1st grade girl does not a grown man in the NHL who would never stick up for himself if someone actually took him to task. Franzen getting punched by someone shouldn't stop the weings from signing that player

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site

Neil has always been one of my favorite non Wings players... just like Trevor Daley.

Just kind of wish these dudes were brought in 5 years ago.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
doesn't appear to be a ton of interest for jagr. and we know jagr has wanted to come to Detroit in the past. could definitely see him coming here on a cheap one year deal

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
doesn't appear to be a ton of interest for jagr. and we know jagr has wanted to come to Detroit in the past. could definitely see him coming here on a cheap one year deal

I have heard the Wings weren't particularly happy with him when he flirted with them and abruptly went to Philly. Maybe that has changed. I don't think Jagr really skates well enough at this point, he cannot play with Zetterberg as we cannot stomach both on the ice and would he whine when he doesn't get the top playmaker?

He does have legendary work ethic and seems to get the young guys on his team working out so from that standpoint it might help. But they don't need to kill themselves to get him. I don't think he will have a lot of value as a deadline asset either if we do get him on a one year deal, he just cannot really play playoff pace and shifts at this point. Jagr is a legend, but realistically at this point he doesn't offer a ton. If we want a slow skating offensive player we can just bring back Vanek and we already know the fit and he is better at this point in their respective careers in my opinion.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I have heard the Wings weren't particularly happy with him when he flirted with them and abruptly went to Philly. Maybe that has changed. I don't think Jagr really skates well enough at this point, he cannot play with Zetterberg as we cannot stomach both on the ice and would he whine when he doesn't get the top playmaker?

He does have legendary work ethic and seems to get the young guys on his team working out so from that standpoint it might help. But they don't need to kill themselves to get him. I don't think he will have a lot of value as a deadline asset either if we do get him on a one year deal, he just cannot really play playoff pace and shifts at this point. Jagr is a legend, but realistically at this point he doesn't offer a ton. If we want a slow skating offensive player we can just bring back Vanek and we already know the fit and he is better at this point in their respective careers in my opinion.
I agree. i'm not particularly interested in bringing him here. it's just a move I could definitely see Holland making if the rumors about wanting to add another forward are true

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad