UFAs: Who do you want? Who don't you want?

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
nobody.

or rather, anyone who we sign should be a 1 year deal and someone we can move at the deadline.

i'm not, and never have been in favour of tanking, but basically we have what we have and it isn't good enough. there is nobody out there on free agency who can elevate us from crap to challengers, so there's no point.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'm only cool with 1 year reclamation projects that we intend to sell at the deadline should they play well. I'll be unhappy with literally any contract that's on the books the day after the season ends.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
He can't even deiced if players are good or not any more!! Hey Rags see how good this guy is for us please, we never used him but we want him back? Fire this fool for gods sake.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Personally, I don't want any UFAs at all.

Holland will do something like this though:

-Tomas Vanek 2 year/ 7 million (3.5 cap hit)
-Dan Girardi 4 year/ 18 million (4.5 cap hit)

Just watch...Holland is way too predictable.

I also have a feeling he may go after Hudler, on a similar deal that we gave Vanek last year. (2-3 million)

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
When he said during his draft interview that "he plans to make the playoffs" and the winked, chills went down my spine. I just knew that meant signing a bunch of washed up guys during FA.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
When he said during his draft interview that "he plans to make the playoffs" and the winked, chills went down my spine. I just knew that meant signing a bunch of washed up guys during FA.

Anything to preserve that strea......Oh....wait....

I think most of anyone who really follows the team (and the just about everyone here) agrees that this team needs to head in a direction. What is with that FO and squeeking into playoffs? "Well, we made it to the post season, we tried and lost in 5 games..outplayed every game"

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Holland is the very picture of short term thinking. He has no real long term plan other than to keep drafting, and hope they land somebody good. All of his rosters are created in a mad scramble, these days. It's not about who they should sign, but just who's willing to sign. They're just going to take whoever they can get, long-term consequences be damned. Because they have to make the playoffs, evidently.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Holland is the very picture of short term thinking. He has no real long term plan other than to keep drafting, and hope they land somebody good. All of his rosters are created in a mad scramble, these days. It's not about who they should sign, but just who's willing to sign. They're just going to take whoever they can get, long-term consequences be damned. Because they have to make the playoffs, evidently.

Maybe Illitch came to him and said "Make playoffs at all costs or we are going to part ways." I mean it is possible, right? There has to be a method for this madness.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Oh and with all this talk about d-men, people seem to forget that we were 4th to last place in goals for category.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/team-goals-scored/2016/

In other words, we suck at all areas of the ice.

In my opinion the result of being near the bottom in offensive production has more to do with the system Blashill is trying to implement and less so on offensive firepower. On paper, I'd say we are middle of the pack in offensive capabilities. We aren't great, but we do have a fair amount of players that can contribute, if given the opportunity to play (Tatar, Nyquist, Z, Mantha, Larkin, AA, Nielsen)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
At this point I'll take anyone that's entertaining. Bonus points if they have a name that's ripe for puns.

Eaves grew the best beard, so I'll put him on my short list for sure.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
At this point I'll take anyone that's entertaining. Bonus points if they have a name that's ripe for puns.

Eaves grew the best beard, so I'll put him on my short list for sure.

He resigned in ANH.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
In my opinion the result of being near the bottom in offensive production has more to do with the system Blashill is trying to implement and less so on offensive firepower. On paper, I'd say we are middle of the pack in offensive capabilities. We aren't great, but we do have a fair amount of players that can contribute, if given the opportunity to play (Tatar, Nyquist, Z, Mantha, Larkin, AA, Nielsen)

I still say, if that's the core of our offensive capabilities, it's still quite weak. Tatar good for 20 goals, Nyquist is starting to prove there's just not much there, Z is old, Larkin is still very questionable and AA is still coming into his own. I liked how Nielsen played, but he's a 3rd line guy forced to play a top two lines role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad