UFAs: Who do you want? Who don't you want?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
only ufa i would be interested in is kulikov.

If actually healthy he is the one I would really want. I am sure, however, he will get a better deal from a better team. I won't cry if we sign Daley. Again, I think he will have better offers with other organizations.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
A veteran D-man for cheap, basically someone who can sit around and the 8th D-man in case of injury and a similar forward. The fewer contracts that go beyond this season the better.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Holland trying to resign Smith is probably the most Holland thing yet. Are you ****ing kidding me?
Smith at 3x3.5 actually wouldn't be that bad. I have no problem with Holland offering sensible contracts, just as long as he stays away from any kind of bidding war and avoids adding term to get a player.

Hugh Honey

Jun 28, 2017
I don't want any free agent defensemen unless Kronwall is going on LTIR for next season, if that's the case then I wouldn't mind a veteran defenseman such as Girardi or Hainsey brought in on a short deal. I think Vanek would be a good forward option, he seemed to have good chemistry last season.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He played really well for the Rangers during the playoffs. Better than any of the garbage we have on the blueline not named Green,

At risk of sounding mean, present day Vladimir Konstantinov is probably better than all of our defensemen not named Green. So smith being better isn't saying much. That's like poop telling vomit it stinks.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He played really well for the Rangers during the playoffs. Better than any of the garbage we have on the blueline not named Green,

And I'll take Nick Jensen at 812k over Brendan Smith at 4.35 any day of the week.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I want nobody

more realistically i'm just bracing myself and hoping it isn't too bad

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
For: Would not mind Vanek, and think maybe Holland will finally make a trade of one of our wingers if this happens. Kulikov or MDZ for cheap would be ok. If a trade could be made, would not mind bringing in Grigorenko or Burmistrov for under 2 million. Think both have decent potential and if not, still better than our 4th line.

Don't mind to trade at the deadline.
Thornton (though he may be too good for us, and help us finish in the middle when we need to tank), Campbell (1 year deal for under 2 mil) or Giardi (1 year deal), Daley

Don't want: Literally any UFA over the age of 28 for more than one or two year deals.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The biggest thing for me is no long term contracts. We aren't getting Shattenkirk so no need to sign anyone for more than a season. With that in mind I'd be fine with Matt Hunwick. He's a Michigan boy, 32 so not on his last legs, would probably provide a modest upgrade to our blueline, and we could possibly get him on a one year deal. May need to give him a boost over his current $1.2 million salary but we could afford to do so with the goal being to sign him for one year. If he fits in you can keep him around as you rebuild. If not it's no big deal.

Biggest thing is to take a very minor risk and if it pays off he can be a player who sticks around during the transition while we wait to see what we have in Hronek, Saarijavi and Cholowski.

In order for that to work though, you need someone who is willing to take that offer. Hunwick seems like a good candidate for what I am looking for.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I want literally no one. This team is already in cap hell, and anyone they could afford won't do anything but maybe earn Detroit a ******** pick next draft.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Cody Franson on a 1yr deal would be a-okay with me. I think he'd actually be a good partner for DK.

Did not realize he was a UFA. I remember there was a lot of buzz about him, but havent GMs kind of soured on him for a few reasons (attitude?), or am I thinking of someone else.

He wouldn't be bad at a 1 year deal and probably could get us a 3rd at the deadline, if not more.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I want Girardi and laugh for Rangers fans, when he does better and cheaper with us than Smith as a Ranger. :)

Man, this is some petty stuff to be laughing about. What will you say when they tell you that they don't even think about the Red Wings anymore?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad