UFA Watch central thread

How much would you offer Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin should sign Matthew Peca as a UFA only 25 great skater another small player that Tampa just seems to find and he is a center.

Reactions: Peanut

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
member when nobody in their right mind wanted to sign in Toronto on UFA day but now people talk about Tavares in Toronto and it's actually believable because people want to play there now. Yeah we are the former.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This thread is depressing, what is Alexei Kovalev up to these days?

-Edit-

Nevermind, he’s coaching Kostitsyn and Chipchura for a Beijing based KHL team.

Still, I’m sure he could have outproduced 3/4 of the players playing for Montreal.

Last edited:

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
The guy is 32 , can't stay healthy and hasn't put up more than 50pts since 2014. He has a decent PPG and he's a good two way player but signing him at let's say at 6x7m ? That would be a HUGE risk

I'd be fine with him on a short term deal like let's say 2-3 years @5.5m or something in that range but anything more than that and it's no thanks. He's too injury prone and at 32 he's not getting any younger. The team who will give him 6m for 5+ years will regret it imho

So was Stastny often injured and not producing in the playoff's this year with the Jets? He looked good to me at 32 years of age.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I would look at Dylan Demelo, who was not qualified by SJ. Good defensive D man.

I don't think Demelo and good defensive can be put in the same sentence.

Bergevin should sign Matthew Peca as a UFA only 25 great skater another small player that Tampa just seems to find and he is a center.

I wished he was apart of the Drouin deal would love to give him a chance surprised TB didn't keep him for a safety net.

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
I don't think Demelo and good defensive can be put in the same sentence.

I wished he was apart of the Drouin deal would love to give him a chance surprised TB didn't keep him for a safety net.
The 4-5 games I saw he was good. Better than most on our team.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
This thread is depressing, what is Alexei Kovalev up to these days?

-Edit-

Nevermind, he’s coaching Kostitsyn and Chipchura for a Beijing based KHL team.

Still, I’m sure he could have outproduced 3/4 of the players playing for Montreal.
I miss Kovalev. Such an exciting player to watch.
All we have now are boring grinders.

Reactions: the and Peanut

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Austin Czarnik is another UFA center who is small and put up good numbers in the AHL and is right handed.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Maxime ouellet, Dominic roussel and Thomas plekanec .. Your July 1st acquisitions.

It's actually a perfect post. Names from the past....with last names of the present....in order to go for a better future. Good job man!

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
My thoughts: I believe we are all hoping the Habs can grab Stastny and Calvin De Haan. But all 31 teams want those two and we'll have to overpay by a mile for them to commit to the Habs.

Let's go a different directly and overpay a few vets on one year deals with the idea of flipping them for assets at the trade deadline. Thornton, Plekanec, Flippula, Kunitz, Green, Enstrom, Orpik, Hamhuis, Emelin. I know some of these guys are on their last legs, but a lot of playoff teams look to add solid vets at the deadline - especially Centers, Dmen, and toughness. Anyone who can fetch a 2nd in a flip is worth grabbing.

Will hurt play time for young guys but they'll get a bit more seasoning in Laval until injuries or when these guys are moved at the trade deadline

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
My thoughts: I believe we are all hoping the Habs can grab Stastny and Calvin De Haan. But all 31 teams want those two and we'll have to overpay by a mile for them to commit to the Habs.

Let's go a different directly and overpay a few vets on one year deals with the idea of flipping them for assets at the trade deadline. Thornton, Plekanec, Flippula, Kunitz, Green, Enstrom, Orpik, Hamhuis, Emelin. I know some of these guys are on their last legs, but a lot of playoff teams look to add solid vets at the deadline - especially Centers, Dmen, and toughness. Anyone who can fetch a 2nd in a flip is worth grabbing.

Will hurt play time for young guys but they'll get a bit more seasoning in Laval until injuries or when these guys are moved at the trade deadline
I agree with you, Comeau and Enstrom are two guys I'd sign on a one year deals.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Buyer beware on Calvin de haan. Good player but expecting him to be a top 4 or play with Weber would be a mistake. Check out his toi, he's closer to Schlemko. Not a 20+ min guy. He's a 5-6.

I think they should either target a u25 legit d man like Brodin or Klefbom (who play 20-23mins a night) or go for a vet on a 2 yr deal.

I wonder about Dan Hamhuis. I doubt he'd have too many suitors at his age but he's still playing 20+ mins a night. On a 2 yr deal I think that works.

Whatever they do I hope they avoid anything long term.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
What is this.. is this the rejean houle days of signing players like sylvain blouin, eric houde, andrei bashkerov?

come home tavares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad