UFA Watch central thread

How much would you offer Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tampa can always call on Bergevin to act like the toilet that he is. If not MB, there is always Chia. It's not a problem, other teams keep making it easy for Tampa.
Even if we get their cap dumps, there is no way they can sign all those guys.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I hate MB but I don't get why people are upset.

Do you really wanna pay for any of the "big name" free agents who aren't coming here anyways?

You do know that a couple points cost us Dahlin?

Adding players who don't put you into contention but make you better than mediocre is how you end up with Dellendrea instead of a top 10 prospect.
good point. I'd just rather not pick up anyone than just to pick up someone for the sake of. Even if these reclamation projects pan out, barring some profound development in Drouin, Domi, Sherbak, Juulsen, Mete, Hudon, Lekhonen and Lernout all at the same time, the panning out of the reclamation might not even be able to contribute when the team is competitive again.

Reclamation projects are cool for contenders, since that project breaking out only adds to you;re already competitive club at a cheap cost. When you expect to be in the basement, what does a reclamation project add unless you except to be good immediately the season after.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Do you really wanna pay for any of the "big name" free agents who aren't coming here anyways?

Adding players who don't put you into contention but make you better than mediocre is how you end up with Dellendrea instead of a top 10 prospect.

A very good point. About the half way point of the year, I thought the Coyotes had a lock at last place but then comes the Sabres.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

How do you sell this team to veterans like price and Weber ? They don’t deserve to be part of a rebuild. Not at their age and not with their contracts
Bergevin has let down his vets. Does he tell them wait for 4 years?? That’s bullshit
He should be trading one or both of this is the direction the Habs are going in
Also 4 years from now , Gallagher’s best hockey will be coming to an end
Bergevin f***ed it all up

Reactions: habtastic

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Coyotes case was different IMO, it was their young guns and Raanta stealing the show.

I know but they did not look good for a large % of the year. I can't remember when exactly but it was about half way point or a bit after, I thought they were unreachable for last place. Sabres beat us to the race. We should of gave Fucale a few games to play. Why not?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I don't know who is upset but my comment was about how little there might be for Hab fans to look forward to on UFA frenzy day rather than hoping that the Hab vye for any big name UFA.

It's more of a comment on how the frenzy won't be about us so there is little interest in sticking around to watch it. Unless MB proceeds to a trade on account of some other team needing cap space to allow them to sign a UFA they're after. Other than that, I don't see what's in it for Hab fans to be watching the snorefest that it usually is.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I mean Dallas was also 9 points shy of Svechnikov. This new lottery format makes it impossible to get all the top 3 picks. But I agree, we need to be right bottom 5 in the league again.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We're going to be watching a parade of other teams signing the biggest name UFAs. Who is going to want to come here? Best move is to use their cap space to add a toxic asset and picks from a team who is cap strapped.
Is Brian Gionta still available? He could be a recycled captain for us in keeping with the recycled coaching theme.

Reactions: Runner77

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
How do you sell this team to veterans like price and Weber ? They don’t deserve to be part of a rebuild. Not at their age and not with their contracts
Bergevin has let down his vets. Does he tell them wait for 4 years?? That’s bull****
He should be trading one or both of this is the direction the Habs are going in
Also 4 years from now , Gallagher’s best hockey will be coming to an end
Bergevin ****ed it all up

They can also ask for trades. I don't think many people would hold it against them. Especially Weber.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
They can also ask for trades. I don't think many people would hold it against them. Especially Weber.
Sure they can but look what you gave up for Weber
You’re not getting anything remotely close to that and when Weber was acquired it was to a win now move
Bergevin will not admit a mistake

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Sure they can but look what you gave up for Weber
You’re not getting anything remotely close to that and when Weber was acquired it was to a win now move
Bergevin will not admit a mistake

I wonder how they feel privately, though. They have to know all their big moves have backfired. Perhaps not MB, but Molson publically called out Bergevin.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

I don't know if it relates well with your post, but I'm now at the acceptance stage of "grief". I have accepted that no matter what Bergevin did in the past and no matter what he still has in store for us, as a fan I have to bite the bullet and hope our prospects develop well (counting on Bouchard here) and become part of a solid core of talented NHL players. That's why this season might be interesting to me IF they let guys like Sherbak, McCarron, Poehling and a few others play and see a lot of NHL ice time. But of course if Marc wasn't Bergevining like he did, we wouldn't have this conversation.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Yesterday the rant on here was that MB was attempting to sign the better players such as Stastney. The argument yesterday was that they should instead commit to a rebuild and if anything sign the scraps for cheap and try to trade them later in the year. Today, the complete opposite. now the ridicule for MB is that he is inquiring over marginal players such as Rieder or Ouellet.
Which is it?
You are guys are chronically unsatisfied.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yesterday the rant on here was that MB was attempting to sign the better players such as Stastney. The argument yesterday was that they should instead commit to a rebuild and if anything sign the scraps for cheap and try to trade them later in the year. Today, the complete opposite. now the ridicule for MB is that he is inquiring over marginal players such as Rieder or Ouellet.
Which is it?

I will complain any time this f***ing asshole is allowed to do anything with my favorite team.

If the headline isn't "Marc Bergevin put in cannon and shot into the sun" I will be forever angry.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Pierre Lebrun in the Athletic: "And if you’re the Habs with all your cap space and your own top picks in place for 2019, do you not consider an offer sheet on a well-placed target? I would."

Okay, so we all know offer sheets never happen, but lets have some fun.

Who is a well-placed target?

Centres or those who could play C

William Nylander (especially if the Leafs sign Tavares?)
Tomas Hertl (especially if the Sharks sign Tavares?)
Spooner, Namestnikov, Hayes, (but the Rangers likely match...)
Athanasiou (wings likely match)
William Karlsson (Vegas matches all day)
Larkin (again Detroit Matches)
Jankowski, Lindholm (Flames likely match)
Fabbri (injury history, blues might let him go, mostly a winger in NHL, but a centre in junior)

Lefties on Defence

Ryan Murray (at the right price columbus lets him go)
Jacob Trouba (righty who has played Left side at times) (Winnipeg could be cap strapped with many RFAs, offer would ahve to be huge)
Brady skjei (Rangers Match)
Noah Hanifin (Flames match)
Nurse (Oilers match)
Theodore (Knights match)
Morrisey (see Trouba)

I would LOVE to see an offer sheet to Nylander to screw the Leafs and their baby GM. Let’s start the hostilities!

If you can’t trade or sign a center, might as well try and steal one from a rival. Other than cap, it’ll cost us some draft picks that will unlikely be as good as as Nylander. What’s the minimum amount we can offer without giving a 1st? Offer that.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Which is it?

Do you know and understand just how large this fanbase is? because i dont think you do

If you picture fanbases like spectrums, it gives you a better idea of what youre dealing with fanwise : BECAUSE we are the largest fanbase, we automatically have both the smartest ANd dumbest fans, which will alllllllllllllllways lead to endless debate and arguments, and a endless supply of opinions, you cant ask for things to be normal, they never will, not until other franchises catch up to the 24 cups

Reactions: Runner77

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
MB finalizing with Perron

and bringing back maxime lappierre

then resigning patches for 6 x7

then off on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad